West Bengal State Eligibility Test Examination (WB SET) is the entrance examination conducted by the West Bengal government to recruit candidates who are eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in West Bengal State only. Candidates who wish to become assistant professors in any of the West Bengal colleges can apply for this examination. The application form for this examination is available on the official website and can be filled out online. After a candidate fulfills all the eligibility criteria as required and mentioned, he/she can apply for the examination.
WB SET 2022 Updates
- The WB SET 2023 examination’s last date has been extended to 18th September 2022 by the West Bengal College Service Commission (WBCSC). Candidates can apply for SET 2023 at the official website wbcsonline.in
- The WB SET 2023 is to be held on 8 January 2023 at different selected test centers in different districts.
- This examination consists of two objective-type papers. The aggregate of both papers will be applicable in the process of issuing the merit list.
- The exam fee for a general category candidate is Rs. 1200 while for SC, ST, PWD, and transgender it is Rs.30, and OBC and EWS candidates have to pay Rs. 600.
Important dates for WB SET 2022
|Starting date to fill out the application form||16 August 2022|
|Last date for submission of the application form||18 September 2022|
|Admit card downloading date||Admit cards can be downloaded two weeks prior examination.|
|WB SET 2022 Examination date||08 January 2023|
|WB SET results declaration||The date is Yet to be announced|
Details Mentioned in the WB SET admit card
|Candidate’s name||Date of birth|
|Candidate’s Guardian name||Registration number/Roll number|
|Photograph of candidate||Signature and thumb impression|
|Exam date||Exam center and Exam venue|
|Slot of examination||Candidate’s category|
|Important guidelines for examination center||Other Details|
Examination centers for WB SET 2022
|North Paragon||South Paragon||Howrah|
|Birbhum||Paschim Medinipur||Purba Medinipur|
|Coochbehar||Uttar Dinajpur||Dakshin Dinajpur|
WB SET: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the examination are as below:-
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:- The candidates can apply only after acquiring a Masters’s degree or equivalent with at least 55% of marks (50 % for OBC- NCL, SC, ST, and PWD candidates).
The final-year candidates of a Masters’s degree can also apply for the examination.
- AGE:- There is no age bar for candidates in this examination.
WB SET 2023: Exam Pattern
- For Paper 1:
- The total marks in this paper are 100.
- The total number of questions for this paper is 50.
- The duration for this paper is 1 hour.
- This paper is held in the first session.
- For Paper 2:
- This paper is held in the second session after paper 1 is done.
- The total mark in this paper is 200.
- The total number of questions for this paper is 100.
- The duration of the SET examination is 2 hours for this paper.
- Paper 1 is concerned with testing the candidate in the fields of reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
- While Paper 2 consists of questions for the subject selected by the candidate.
- Each question in both papers carries 2 marks.
- There are no negative marks for wrong answers.
- The mode of answering for the examination is English and Bengali. Candidates must possess the knowledge of anyone.
- The examination mode is offline
- This examination is a state-level examination that is conducted once every year.
WB SET 2023: Reservation Policy
The WB SET examination’s reservation policy is as follows:-
|OBC – B(Non-Creamy Layer)||7%|
|PWD ( with less than 40% disability)||4%|
The categories of disabilities for PWD candidates are:-
- Blindness and low vision.
- Locomotive disabilities like leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy.
- Intellectual disability, mental illness, learning disability, and other disabilities.
How You Can Apply For WB SET 2022 Exam?
- STEP 1:- Candidates first go to WBSC official website. Click on the WB SET application link.
- STEP 2:- Then fill in all the required details and complete the registration.
- STEP 3:- After that fill in the WB SET application form.
- STEP 4:- After the registration is successfully done upload all the required documents in the prescribed format. Candidates are to use a resize tool for optimizing the required size for the documents.
- STEP 5:- After successfully uploading the documents candidates have to pay the required fee through the given portal and click on the submit button.
- STEP 6:- Download the application form and take the printout.
Selection Procedure For WB SET
- STEP -1:- Candidates have to fill out the WB SET application form issued by the Government.
- STEP-2:- After that download the admit card for WB SET
- STEP -3:- Candidates appearing for the examination.
- STEP -4:- The result of the examination is published on the official website. Candidates to keep themselves updated with the notifications of the official website.
How To Get Result For WB SET?
- STEP 1:- Candidates to visit the official website which is www.wbcsonline.in or the alternate link www.wbcsc.org.in/wbcsc
- STEP 2:- Now candidates to click on the ‘Applicant Login’ tab or the link for the result.
- STEP 3:- In the login tab enter the correct username and password.
- STEP 4:- When logged in go through the results tab.
- STEP 5:- Download the result and check for the scorecard.
WB SET Exam Date 2023: FAQs
Q1. What is the date of examination for the WB SET Exam Date 2023?
It is announced for the day 8 January 2023.
Q2. When was the notification for WB SET Exam Date 2023 released?
It was released on 16 August 2022.
Q3. What is the age limit for WB SET 2023?
There is no age limit for this exam.
Q4. What should be the educational qualification for WB SET?
The candidate must complete his/her Master’s.
Q5. What is the full form of WB SET?
WB SET stands for West Bengal State Eligibility Test.