WBPSC GDMO Recruitment 2023: The West Bengal Public Service Commission’s General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) position is a crucial role in the healthcare sector of the state. GDMOs play a pivotal role in providing essential medical services to the public, often in rural and underserved areas where access to healthcare can be limited.
These dedicated professionals are responsible for diagnosing and treating a wide range of medical conditions, ensuring that individuals receive the care they need to maintain and improve their health. Their work not only contributes to the well-being of the residents of West Bengal but also plays a significant part in promoting public health and preventing the spread of diseases.
WBPSC GDMO Recruitment 2023
The Public Service Commission, West Bengal, has recently released Advertisement No. 06/2023, marking the commencement of applications for the General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) role within the Labour Department of the Government of West Bengal. This recruitment drive presents an exciting opportunity, with a total of 300 vacancies up for grabs. These vacancies are thoughtfully distributed to ensure inclusivity: 102 positions are available for candidates in the Unreserved (UR) category, while 67 are reserved for Scheduled Castes (SC) and 19 for Scheduled Tribes (ST).
Furthermore, 43 openings cater to Other Backward Classes (OBC-A) under the non-creamy layer, and 29 for OBC-B candidates under the same category. The commission also prioritizes diversity and inclusivity with 14 positions exclusively reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD), with 10 for UR candidates and 4 for SC candidates. Additionally, there are 26 openings for candidates falling under the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS).
|Organization Name||West Bengal Public Service Commission|
|Post Details||General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO)|
|Job Location||West Bengal|
|Start Date to Apply||21st September 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||12th October 2023|
|Official Website||West Bengal Public Service Commission|
Important Dates To Remember
The West Bengal Public Service Commission’s General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) recruitment for 2023 comes with a set of important dates that applicants should mark in their calendars. The online application process commenced on September 21, 2023, providing candidates with an opportunity to apply for this coveted position.
However, it’s crucial to note that the closing date for online application submission is October 12, 2023, until 3 p.m., so aspiring GDMOs should ensure they complete their applications by this deadline. The same date, October 12, 2023, also serves as the last day for online fee payment, emphasizing the need for timely completion of all application requirements.
If candidates prefer offline fee payment, they have until October 13, 2023, to do so. Additionally, the last date for generating payment challans is also October 12, 2023. Staying mindful of these dates is essential for those seeking to embark on a rewarding career as General Duty Medical Officers in West Bengal.
For those considering the WBPSC Recruitment for 2023, meeting the qualifications is pivotal. Applicants are required to possess certain essential qualifications, notably a medical qualification outlined in the Indian Medical Council Act of 1956. Equally important is the requirement for registration as a medical practitioner in West Bengal, underscoring the need for candidates to be recognized and licensed to practice medicine in the state.
In addition to these prerequisites, there are desirable qualifications that can strengthen an applicant’s profile. These include having completed six months of practical training as House Staff in a government hospital or a recognized institution. These qualifications collectively ensure that candidates not only have the necessary theoretical knowledge but also practical experience, making them well-prepared to serve as General Duty Medical Officers in West Bengal.
The age limit criteria for prospective candidates in the WBPSC recruitment for General Duty Medical Officers (GDMOs) in 2023 are structured to ensure fairness and inclusivity. Ordinary Medical Graduates should not surpass the age of 36 years, while those with the added advantage of Post-graduate Medical qualifications should maintain an age limit of 40 years, all calculated as of January 1, 2023.
To promote equal opportunities, there are provisions for age relaxations: SC and ST candidates hailing from West Bengal can avail themselves of a relaxation of up to 5 years, while OBC candidates belonging to categories ‘A’ and ‘B’ under the non-creamy layer category are eligible for a relaxation of up to 3 years. It’s noteworthy that SC, ST, and OBC candidates from other states are required to apply as general candidates for unreserved positions. Furthermore, Persons with Benchmark Disabilities can benefit from age relaxations of up to 45 years, emphasizing inclusivity in the recruitment process.
How To Apply For The Process?
The application process for the General Duty Medical Officer (GDMO) recruitment under WBPSC involves a series of straightforward steps to ensure a seamless application experience.
- To get started, Step 1 requires visiting the official website of the West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC).
- In Step 2, aspiring candidates should locate the registration link on the website and initiate the registration process, necessitating a valid email ID and mobile number. Completing the required fields in this step will establish your account.
- Step 3 involves logging in to your newly created account and finding the application form for the GDMO recruitment. Here, you must diligently furnish personal information, educational qualifications, and relevant experience if applicable.
- Step 4 entails scanning and uploading essential documents, such as your photograph, signature, and any other documents stipulated in the application form. It is crucial to ensure that these documents adhere to the specified size and format criteria.
- In Step 5, candidates can conveniently pay the application fee online through the provided payment gateway, with detailed fee information and payment methods available on the website. It is advisable to retain a copy of the payment receipt for future reference.
- Lastly, in Step 6, applicants should meticulously review all the information provided in the application form and the uploaded documents, making any necessary corrections. Once confident in the accuracy of the details, submitting the application form concludes the process, setting the stage for potential candidates to embark on their journey towards becoming General Duty Medical Officers in West Bengal.
When is the start date of applying for WBPSC GDMO Recruitment 2023?
The start date of applying for WBPSC GDMO Recruitment 2023 is 21st September 2023.
When is the last date of applying for WBPSC GDMO Recruitment 2023?
The last date of applying for WBPSC GDMO Recruitment 2023 is 12th October 2023.
What is the mode of application for WBPSC GDMO Recruitment 2023?
The mode of application for WBPSC GDMO Recruitment 2023 is online.
How many vacancies are out for WBPSC GDMO Recruitment 2023?
The total vacancies out for WBPSC GDMO Recruitment 2023 is 300.