The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam I to recruit candidates for the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA), Air Force Academy (AFA), and Officers Training Academy (OTA). UPSC is responsible for conducting the written examination and interview process for CDS recruitment. The successful candidates are then sent to the respective academies for training. UPSC’s main role is to ensure a fair and transparent selection process for candidates seeking to join the defense services. The CDS Exam I comprises three components: general knowledge, elementary mathematics, and English.
UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2023 Highlights
|Recruiting Organization||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) 1 2023|
|Notification Date||21st December 2022|
|Online Registration Date Starts from||21st December 2022|
|Last Date to Apply||12th January 2023|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|No. of posts||341|
|Job location||All over India|
|Official website||CLICK HERE|
MUST-READ| West Bengal Lady Constable Recruitment 2023: Selection Process, How To Apply, Criteria
UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2023 Details
The selection process is highly competitive and rigorous and involves the evaluation of a candidate’s academic background, physical fitness, intelligence, and reasoning skills. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is the authority that conducts the Common Defence Services (CDS) Examination to select candidates for various posts in the defense forces. The UPSC CDS Examination is important and prestigious as it allows aspirants to join the defense forces of India. The selection process for the UPSC CDS Examination is stringent and involves several stages. The selection process is designed to evaluate the candidate’s overall ability and aptitude.
UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2023 Overview
Through this examination, the UPSC seeks to identify and assess the potential of candidates who are suitable to join the defense services. The selection process for the UPSC CDS Examination consists of three stages: the written examination, the personal interview, and the medical examination. The written examination is conducted twice a year and consists of two papers: English and general knowledge.
The written examination tests the candidate’s knowledge of English grammar, composition, and comprehension, as well as their general awareness and knowledge of current affairs. The General Knowledge paper tests the candidate’s knowledge of Indian history, geography, politics, and economics and also covers topics such as science and technology, defense, and international relations. Once the written examination is completed, the candidates are invited for a personal interview. The personal interview tests the communication skills, personality, and basic knowledge of the candidates. The personal interview can be a very intimidating experience for the candidates.
MUST-READ| WB Para Teacher Recruitment 2023: Selection Process, How To Apply, Criteria And Age Limit!
UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2023 Eligibility
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Graduate degrees from a university recognized by the federal government are preferred.
UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2023 Age limit
|Post name||Minimum age||Maximum age|
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||19||24|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||19||24|
|Air Force Academy (AFA)||20||24|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for men)||19||25|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Non-Technical Course for Women)||19||25|
UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2023 Selection process
The selection process for the CDS Exam I includes the following:
- A written exam consisting of objective-type questions on English, general knowledge, and elementary mathematics.
- Successful candidates in the written exam will have to appear for the SSB interview.
- The final selection will be based on performance in the written exam and SSB interview.
UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2023 Educational Qualification
The educational qualifications required for the Union Public Service Commission’s Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination vary depending on the branch of the military for which the candidate is applying. The general educational qualifications required for the CDS Examination are as follows:
- Indian Military Academy (IMA): The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Indian Naval Academy (INA): The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognised university.
- Air Force Academy (AFA): The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university with physics and mathematics at 10+2 level or a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Officers Training Academy (OTA): The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
It’s important to check the official notification for any changes or updates regarding the educational qualifications for the CDS Examination.
UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2023 Syllabus
|English||Reading Comprehension Questions, Identifying Errors and Questions, Fill in the Blanks Questions, Synonyms & Antonyms Questions, Idioms and Phrases Questions, Sentence Arrangement or Jumbled Questions, Ordering of words in Sentence Questions, Sentence Improvement or Sentence Correction Questions.|
|General knowledge||Indian History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Environment, General Science – Physics, Chemistry, Biology, National & International Awards, Summits, Sports, Conference; Books & Authors etc., Defense Related Questions – Army, Navy, Air Force|
|Mathematics||Arthemiatic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration, Statistics|
MUST-READ| Asha Kormi Recruitment 2023: Selection Process, How To Apply, Age Limit, Criteria, Application Fees
UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2023 FAQ’S
Q1. What is the process for applying for CDS I 2023 recruitment?
The process for applying for Combined Defence Services (CDS) I recruitment is as follows:
- Check the eligibility criteria: Candidates must ensure that they meet the age, educational qualifications, and other requirements as specified in the official notification.
- Fill out the online application form: Applications are usually accepted through the official website of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Candidates will need to register and create a login, fill out the application form, and pay the application fee.
- Download the e-admit card: Candidates who have successfully submitted their application will be able to download their e-admit card from the official website.
- Appear for the written exam: The CDS I written exam is usually conducted in February and consists of three sections: English, general knowledge, and elementary mathematics.
- Qualify the Interview: Candidates who qualify the written exam will be called for the SSB interview.
- Medical Test : Candidates who qualify for the SSB interview will be called for the medical test.
- Final Merit List : Candidates who qualify the Medical Test will be included in the final merit list.
Q2. What is the Exam pattern for CDS I 2023 recruitment notification?
The written exam will consist of three subjects: English, general knowledge, and mathematics. Where each subject carries 100 marks, allot two hours equally for every subject.
Q3. Who can apply for CDS 1 in 2023?
For the CDS-1 exam in 2023, candidates must have graduated from any recognised university and also fulfill the required age limit criteria for the particular positions.
Q4. How many attempts are allowed for CDS?
Although the candidate must be between the ages of 19 and 25 to be eligible for the CDS 2023 exam, there is no defined limit on the number of attempts. As a result, candidates may attempt as many times as they want, as long as they are under the age limit.
Q5. Is there negative marking in CDS?
As per the CDS 2023 exam pattern, candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer, whereas 1/3 of a mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. There is no negative marking for unattempted questions.
Q6. What are the passing marks in the CDS exam?
The minimum qualifying marks in each subject are 20 (i.e., 20%). To be declared successful, a candidate must obtain qualifying marks in each of the three sections of the written exam as well as in the SSB Interview.
MUST-READ| WB ICT Computer Teacher Posts 2023: Recruitment Details, Selection Process, Age Limit!