West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will announce the notification for West Bengal Lady Constable Recruitment 2023 very soon. All the women who aspire to work as government employees or lady constables will be happy to know that various available positions will be open for them. Every year West Bengal Police Recruitment Board announces Recruitment and notifications for several job positions such as constables, SI, etc.
Various phases of the examination will take place in both online and offline modes. There will be a preliminary examination, Physical Measurement Test [PMT], Physical Efficiency Test [PET], and Final examination followed by an Interview. Candidates need to ensure that they are eligible for all the phases of examinations by checking the eligibility criteria for the same. All the dates will be soon announced by the official website.
Candidates should keep several things in mind while applying for West Bengal Lady Constable Recruitment 2023. Such a, exam pattern, syllabus, important details, previous year question papers, etc. All the necessary details regarding recruitment 2023 are mentioned in this article.
MUST READ | West Bengal Police Constable Syllabus 2023: Overview And Full Syllabus
West Bengal Lady Constable Recruitment 2023: Important Details
|Official Website||CLICK HERE|
|Type Of Job||Police Job|
|Recruitment Board||West Bengal Police Recruitment Board [WBPRB]|
|Name of Recruitment||West Bengal Lady Constable Recruitment 2023|
|Position of Job||Lady Constable|
|Mode of Examination||Online and offline|
|Total Vacancies Available||9000 [ Expected, including constables and SI]|
|Salary||Rs. 22,700/- To Rs. 58,500/-|
|Examination Level||State Level|
All the Important dates regarding recruitment 2023, will be announced soon by The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board.
Eligibility Criteria for Recruitment
The candidate should be a citizen of India and must have a West Bengal state domicile certificate.
A candidate must have passed and finished 10th standard schooling from a recognized board. If not, then the candidate will not be eligible for the examination.
Physical measurement requirements for Physical Measurement Test [PMT]
These standards are used to rule out unfit candidates. Any marks will not be appointed on any of these requirements.
|Name of Category||Weight||Height|
|ST and candidates from Rajbanshis, Gorkhas, & Garhwalis||45 KG||152 cm|
|All the Other categories||49 KG||160 cm|
It is necessary for all candidates to know how to read, speak, write, and understand the Bengali language. However, this rule is not applicable to the permanent residents of the hill subdivisions of Kalimpong and Darjeeling Districts. Several other provisions will be applied to them.
Age Limit and Relaxation for both Reserved and Unreserved Candidates
|Name Of Category||Minimum Age||Maximum Age||Age relaxation|
|Unreserved||18 years||27 years||N/A|
|Home Guards||18 years||27 years||3 Years|
|SC/ST||18 years||27 years||5 years|
|OBC||18 years||27 years||3 years|
Application Fee Required
|Name of Categories||Application Fee||Processing Fee||Total|
|ST/SC Category of West Bengal only||N/A||Rs. 20/-||Rs. 20/-|
|All other categories [ except ST/SC of West Bengal]||Rs. 150/-||Rs. 20/-||Rs. 170/-|
West Bengal Lady Constable Recruitment 2023: Selection Process
The selection process will take place through various phases of the examination
- Preliminary Written Examination
- Physical Measurement Test [PMT]
- Physical Efficiency Test [PET]
- Final Written examination
- Medical Examination
MUST-READ| WBPSC Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern: How Are The Exams Conducted?
Preliminary Written Examination
The time duration for the prelims will be one hour.
|Name of Subjects||Total Number of Questions||Maximum Marks Allotted|
|General Awareness||50||50 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||20||20 marks|
|Mathematics [ Elementary Level]||30||30 marks|
Physical Measurement Test [PMT]
All the details and necessary qualifications to be eligible for this test are mentioned above in the eligibility criteria.
Physical Efficiency Test [PET]
In the physical efficiency test [PET] the candidates are also required to run 800m run in four minutes. This is also a required standard for qualifying for the tests and removing unfit candidates. No marks will be allotted on the basis of this requirement.
Final Examination Pattern
The question paper will consist of 5 different sections on 5 different subjects. The time duration of the paper will be one hour. The final examination pattern is given below.
|Subjects||Total Number of Questions||Maximum Marks Allotted|
|General Knowledge||25||25 marks|
|English Language||25||25 marks|
|Mathematics [ Elementary Level]||20||20 marks|
|Logical and analytical reasoning||15||15 marks|
After the fourth stage of the examination, candidates are called for a personal interview where their sustainability, personality, and aptitude are evaluated. A Bengali speaking test might also be conducted and the minimum passing mark for the interview is 8 out of 30 marks.
All the selected candidates are going to be sent to designated government hospitals for their medical tests. They are required to be in good physical and mental health. After that, a certificate will be issued of medical fitness by their medical examiner.
MUST-READ| West Bengal Librarian Recruitment 2023: Overview, Eligibility Criteria, Selection Process!
West Bengal Lady Constable Recruitment 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for both of the examinations is as follows
- General Knowledge – All the Current Events happening Globally, Knowledge about the Indian constitution, Five-year plans, Financial Budget, Indian History, Geographical locations of India, Scientific Research, Economic News, Inventions, Sports, etc.
- Mathematics – Statistics and probability, Ratio and proportion, profit and loss, Distance, time and work, interest and percentages, mean median and mode, Discount, Mensuration, Parameter and Area, and the basic elementary mathematical topics.
- English – Antonyms and Synonyms, Fill in the blanks, Spelling Test, Para Completion, Active and Passive voice, Substitution, Sentence Completion, Sentence Completion, Error correction, Idioms, and Proverbs, Unseen Passages, etc.
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning – Puzzles, Analogies, Symbols and Notations, Logical Problems, Syllogism, Pie charts, Direction Sense, Blood Relations, Clocks and Calendar, and Age, decision making, Data sufficiency, etc.
How to Register?
The West Bengal Police Recruitment Board provides both online and offline ways to register for the examination. The online applications will be soon released by the Board. The application procedure is given below
- Go to the official website and click on the ‘Online application for the post of constable in west Bengal police 2023’ link.
- Fill the form with all the necessary details and make sure that you fill those details correctly and ensure to check the spelling.
- Upload the scanned copies of passport-size photographs and signatures etc and click submit.
- Pay the application fee using the given payment method
- Download the submitted copy and receipt of the fee paid.
- Visit the official website and fill out the form with the required details.
- Click the save and download option and take out the printout of your form
- The form will contain your application number and a specific bar code to check the authenticity.
- Paste your Passport size photograph and sign your form.
- Original copy of your fee receipt or challan should be attached to the printed application form.
- The form and attachment copies should be submitted to West Bengal Police Recruitment Board and the Chairman.
Go to the website and download your admit card. Take the printout of the admit card. Candidates need to ensure that all the information given by them is correctly given on the admit card. If not, they should inform the authorities. The printout of the candidate’s admit card must be brought to the examination center or they will not be eligible for the examination.
The process to download the Admit Card
- Visit the official website and click on ‘recruitment’ on the home page of the website.
- Click on the option of Downloading the admit card/ E-call letter.
- A new tab will be opened, submit your application number.
- Candidate’s admit card will be visible, click on the option to download
- Take out the printout.
MUST-READ| West Bengal District Court Recruitment 2023: Selection Process, How To Apply, Age Limit!
West Bengal Lady Constable Recruitment 2023: FAQs
Q1. Is the west Bengal lady constable a good job?
Yes, the job is great as it is a government job, the lady constables of west Bengal are given several benefits and receive many allowances from the government.
Q2. What is the maximum age limit of the lady constable?
The maximum age limit for candidates is 27 years as of January 1, 2023. However, there is an age relaxation for unreserved categories.
Q3. What is the application mode of the examination?
The written examination will be taken online mode.
Q4. How many vacancies are available for west Bengal police recruitment?
9000 is the expected number of vacancies available for West Bengal police recruitment in 2023.
Q5. How many tests should be given to become the lady constable?
Initially, there will be a preliminary written examination followed by a Physical measurement Test [PMT], Physical Efficiency Test [PET], a Final written examination, Interview and Medical Examination.
Q6. Is the final examination for recruitment easy?
The final written examination and all the other tests are not simple enough to pass. The candidates have to work hard as there will be a lot of competition.
Q7. What is the examination date of the lady constable exam for the Kolkata police?
The examination is expected to take place around the third week of January 2023.
Q8. Who conducts the West Bengal Police Recruitment exam?
West Bengal Police Recruitment Board [WBPRB] conducts the West Bengal Police Recruitment Exam every year.
Must Read| WBPDCL Recruitment 2022: How To Apply, Vacancy Details