The right to education is one of those fundamental rights that has been clearly stated in the Indian constitution. Every child has the right to enter school and get a proper and effective education. Regardless of gender and the cast, every child must have the basic knowledge to be called literate. There are thousands of students who drop their education because of a lack of money. In this case, the government has taken several steps out of which one of the most effective schemes is the scholarship. Apart from this scholarship the government also ensures midday meals and free education in some places. But scholarship provides a sense of encouragement and confidence to a student to continue his studies further.
There are several examinations that are held to announce these scholarships to students of different states. The Indian state, West Bengal also implemented this particular provision for its students. West Bengal NMMS is a test conducted by the Ministry of Education under the West Bengal government for the selection of students on the basis of their merits to provide them with the required scholarship. West Bengal NMMS stands for National Means cum Merit Scholarship (2023) scheme is a state-level examination. This scholarship amount is provided to the students of class 8 and is continued till they pass class 12.
There are certain processes that need to be followed while applying for this scholarship test also the students must keep in mind the eligibility criteria as it is strictly followed. This article will provide you with every detail about West Bengal NMMS 2023 and other procedures.
|Name of the exam||West Bengal NMMS (National Means cum Merit Scholarship)|
|level of the exam||state level|
|Scholarship class||class 8|
|scholarship providing state||west Bengal|
|category||exam and scholarship|
|official website||click here|
West Bengal NMMS 2023: Official Notification
The official notification for West Bengal NMMS 2023 has not been announced yet on the website. It is expected that we might have the notice by August 2023. We will have the examination schedule and other details only after the commencement of filling up the application form. Hence the official notification will only push up further procedures related to West Bengal NMMS 2023.
Last year, the examination was held on 18th December 2022 while the registration started back in September 2022.
Looking at these states it is quite possible for the organizing committee to follow the same trend and hence by August 2023 we can have the official notification and proper instructions concerning West Bengal NMMS 2023.
|1.||Start date of filling up the application form||to be announced|
|2.||last date of filling up the application form||to be announced|
|3.||last date to submit the application fees||to be announced|
|4.||application form correction date||will be notified later|
|5.||admit card release date for West Bengal NMMS 2023||will be notified later|
|6.||Exam Date Of West Bengal NMMS 2023||will be notified later|
|7.||answer key release date||update soon|
|8.||Date Of Announcement Of The West Bengal NMMS 2023 Result||update soon|
CHECK ALSO: WBJEE 2023 Result, How To Check And What We Know
West Bengal NMMS 2023: Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Qualification
- Students in class eight who received at least a 55% on their class seven report card are eligible to take the centrally sponsored NMMS test for class eight in 2023 (SC, ST, and disabled students receive a 5% relaxation).
- Institution Limitations
- Students attending private schools or any Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, or state-run residential schools are not eligible for scholarships. The children must be enrolled in officially recognized government schools, including madrasahs without residential facilities, government-aided schools, local bodies, and government-sponsored schools.
- Parent’s Income
- Parental income from all sources should be less than Rs. 3,50,000/- (Rupees three lakh fifty thousand) per year.
West Bengal NMMS 2023 Exam Pattern: Official Image
West Bengal NMMS 2023: FAQs
1. When did NMMS start?
It was started in 2008 by the Department of School Education and Literacy.
2. For which class West Bengal NMMS 2023 exam is conducted?
It is conducted for the students of class 8.
3. How many scholarships are awarded by NMMS?
Every year, it distributes 1,00,000 scholarships to students.
4. What is the full form of NMMS?
The term, NMMS stands for National Means cum Merit Scholarship.
5. How can one apply for West Bengal NMMS 2023?
Students will have to visit the official website for filling out the application form.
6. What is the official site of West Bengal NMMS 2023?
The official website is https://scholarships.wbsed.gov.in/