The most recent notification for the WB Postal Circle GDS Recruitment 2023 is now available at the official website of India Post West Bengal Postal Circle. Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) as BPM/ ABPM/ Dak Sevak are open for online application by West Bengal Postal Circle officials. By the WB GDS Recruitment 2023, there are a total of 2127 openings to be filled. So, it’s a great chance for the candidates who have finished the 10th grade to get hired in West Bengal’s postal service. The application process online for WB Postal GDS Jobs 2023 has started.
Before applying for the WB Post Office GDS Recruitment 2023 Notification, interested candidates can access additional information about the WB Post Office Bharti 2023 below. This includes educational requirements, age restrictions, selection procedures, and other relevant topics. The candidates must note that the WB Post GDS Online Application Form 2023 must be submitted no later than February 16, 2023.
Important Details Regarding The Recruitment
|Official Website||CLICK HERE|
|Name of Recruitment||WB Postal GDS Recruitment 2023|
|Name of Organization||India Post West Bengal Postal Circle|
|Location of Job||West Bengal|
|Name of position||Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) recruited as BPM/ ABPM/ Dak Sevak|
|Salary Given||Rs. 12,000/- to Rs.29,380/-|
|Number of Posts Available||2127 Posts|
|Type of Job||Central Government Job|
|Mode of Examination||Online Mode|
Important Dates Announced For WB Postal GDS Recruitment 2023
|Starting Date of the Application Form||January 27, 2023|
|Last date to submit Application Form||February16, 2023|
The Exam dates will be notified shortly.
There are a total of 2127 openings for the West Bengal GDS Recruitment 2023. These open positions are categorized into many groups. The detailed openings are listed in their entirety here.
|Name of the Categories||Vacancies Details|
WB Postal GDS Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM), Branch Post Master (BPM), or Dak Sevaks, candidates should review the West Bengal GDS recruitment qualifying requirements. The many prerequisites that applicants must satisfy are listed below.
Nationality of the Candidate
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
Educational Qualifications For The Recruitment
Candidates must have taken Math and English as required or elective courses in Class 10/Matriculation/SSC. The certificate of matriculation or Class 10th pass must be issued by an Indian educational board with certification.
Language requirements that must be met have been given below
|Name of State/ Union Territory||Local Language|
|West Bengal (Other than Darjeeling Postal Division)||Bengali|
|Darjeeling Postal Division (other than GTA* Area)||Nepali/ Bengali|
|Post Offices under GTA* (Gorkha Territorial Administration) Area||Nepali|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Hindi/ English|
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years as of January 27, 2023.
- The maximum age of the candidate should be 40 years as of January 27, 2023.
The relaxation of the maximum age is in accordance with all relevant legal requirements. See the table below for the WB GDS age relaxation.
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PWD + OBC||13 years|
|PWD + SC/ST||15 years|
- According to the guidelines based on the candidates’ online submitted applications, the applying candidates will be chosen according to the automatically generated merit list.
- Higher education qualifications will not be given any weight.
- The criteria for making the final decision will only include marks received in the 10th standard from approved Boards, aggregated to a percentage with an accuracy of 4 decimals.
Marks Distribution And Exam Pattern
|Name of The Examination||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks Allotted|
|English Language||25||25 Marks|
|General Awareness||25||25 Marks|
|Regional Language||25||25 Marks|
The duration of the recruitment examination will be two hours.
|Name of Subject||Syllabus|
|English Language||Phrases, Sentence structure, Vocabulary, Unseen passage, Verbs, Tenses, Conjunctions, Prepositions, Articles, Synonyms & Antonyms, Proverbs|
|General Awareness||Tribes, Artists, Handicrafts, Books and Authors, Famous Places in India, Political Science, Famous Places, Important Dates, Science and Innovations, Countries and capitals, World organizations, Musical instruments, Sculptures, Tourism spots of Historical Importance, Economic issues in India, International issues, History of India, Scientific observations, Indian culture, National news, Geography of India, Music & Literature, National dance|
|Mathematical Aptitude||Statistics, Logarithm, Trigonometric functions, Complex numbers, Mathematical Induction, Solutions of triangles, Exponential and logarithm series, Probability, Matrices and determinants, Boolean algebra, and Mathematical logic.|
All applicants for the West Bengal GDS recruitment will be required to pay an application fee. Depending on the candidate’s categorization, different amounts are required to be paid. The details of the GDS West Bengal recruitment fee structure are as follows
- Candidates who are PWD, SC, ST, or female are exempt from paying the fee.
- Candidates from UR, OBC, and EWS must pay INR 100.
Results For The Recruitment
Only those job applicants whose name appears on the WB GDS merit list will have their applications examined for the open position. Your score or percentage must be greater than the stipulated cut-off marks in order for you to be considered for inclusion on the merit list. The cut-off for the examination will be declared soon after the examination.
The results of the WB GDS exam will be made accessible on the official website of India Post. You can verify your findings by carrying out the actions specified in the following paragraphs
- Navigate to the official website and look for the “West Bengal Post Office Result” tab.
- After selecting the tab, enter your information into the appropriate fields.
- At this point, you are able to check the result.
- After completing the analysis, save the data to your personal computer and make a hard copy of them for further use.
How To Apply Online For WB Postal GDS Recruitment 2023?
In order for a candidate to submit an application for employment online, they need to make sure to follow the correct protocol. The steps are outlined below.
- Candidates are required to visit the official website of the India Post West Bengal Postal Circle.
- WB Postal GDS Recruitment 2023 tab can be seen on the homepage of the website. The applications can be submitted by selecting the recruitment option and following the link to the application form.
- The next step for candidates is to fill out the form with all of the relevant information that is listed on it.
- Send in a scanned copy of all of the requested documents, together with a photo of the candidate in passport size and their signature.
- After confirming that the information provided by the candidate is accurate and that there are no mistakes in the spelling, you may then click the submit button.
- You can pay the application fee with any of the preferred payment methods, which may include a debit card, a UPI, a credit card, or online banking.
- Following the successful payment of the application fee, the candidate’s registration for the online application for the WB Postal GDS Recruitment 2023 is considered complete.
- Get a printout of the application form for use in the event that you need it again in the future.
Q1. What are the West Bengal GDS's age criteria for recruitment?
The candidate should be between the ages of 18 and 40.
Q2. What are the posts for the WB Postal GDS Cycle III that India Post has announced?
India Post has posted job openings for Dak Sevak, Branch Post Manager, and Assistant Branch Post Manager within the West Bengal Post Division.
Q3. How many vacancies have been announced for the WB Postal GDS Cycle?
There are now 2127 openings for the West Bengal Postal Gram Dak Seva, according to India Post’s official website.
Q4. What qualifications in terms of education are needed to apply for the West Bengal Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2023?
A candidate needs to have finished high school, have a basic understanding of the local language and must have taken a computer course.
Q5. What is the BPM job profile?
The Branch Postmaster (BPM) is the branch’s boss. The ABPM reports directly to the BPM, as do the Dak Sevaks and the Branch Post Master. They are in charge of managing everyday activities at the Branch office as well as the implementation and promotion of government initiatives.
Q6. What is the expected wage range for the WB GDS recruitment?
The salary grade is between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 12,000