The UGC NET 2023 exam date has been announced, giving applicants ample time to prepare for the important test. The UGC NET exam is an important tool for determining the eligibility of applicants for various academic positions, including lectureships and junior research fellowships. It will take place from June 13 to 22, 2023. The UGC NET exam is an essential requirement for aspirants to pursue higher studies in the field of academics and research. The exam will be held twice a year, in June and December of 2023. The University Grant Commission National Eligibility Test (UGC NET) exam will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The UGC NET exam is a highly competitive examination where candidates need to exhibit their proficiency in a variety of subjects. A number of students apply at the national level for Assistant Professor positions as well as Junior Research Fellowships and Assistant Professor positions.
UGC NET 2023 Exam Date
The UGC NET exam is highly competitive due to the number of candidates who appear for it and the complexity of the questions. It requires extensive preparation and an in-depth understanding of various concepts and topics. Moreover, the difficulty of the exam is such that it requires rigorous practice to ensure success. Therefore, a thorough understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus, combined with comprehensive study and practice, is essential to doing well in the UGC NET exam. Understanding the syllabus thoroughly, forming a study plan, and taking mock exams are some of the strategies that can be adopted in order to crack the UGC NET exam.
Preparation for the UGC NET exam is no small task. It is essential to remember that it takes time and effort to be successful in this exam. Achieving success in the UGC NET exam requires a lot of hard work and dedication. It is essential to remember that a disciplined and organized approach is key to cracking the exam. Additionally, one should familiarize oneself with the exam pattern and syllabus, focus on practicing papers from previous years, have a positive attitude toward the exam, and build confidence in their abilities. As a result, preparing for the UGC NET exam can be a challenging but rewarding experience. With the right approach and preparation, students can be well-equipped to take on the UGC NET exam.
UGC NET 2023 Notification
In this article, we have provided complete information, such as the application form, exam dates, eligibility, etc., regarding the UGC NET 2023. So, with a thorough understanding of the UGC NET exam, a well-structured approach to preparation and practice sessions, and confidence in their capabilities, students can be ready to tackle this exam. Taking on the UGC NET exam can be intimidating for some, but with the right attitude and preparation, it can also be incredibly rewarding. Therefore, it is important for students to familiarize themselves with the exam and its structure, understand the syllabus, stay up-to-date with the latest exam trends and changes, develop strategies for their approach to preparation, and practice sample questions regularly. By doing so, students will be able to understand the complexities of the exam and devise a preparation plan that suits them best.
The JRF and eligibility for an assistant professorship are awarded to those who achieve the highest aggregate score in both Paper I and Paper II of the UGC-NET. The candidates qualifying only for an assistant professorship are not eligible to be considered for the award of a JRF. Candidates who qualify for the eligibility test for an assistant professorship are governed by the rules and regulations of the concerned universities, colleges, or state governments, as the case may be, for the recruitment of assistant professors. However, the recruitment process for an assistant professor is different from that of a JRF. JRFs are awarded independently of eligibility criteria and recruitment processes for assistant professors and are awarded solely on the performance of a candidate in Paper I and Paper II of the UGC-NET. Thus, although candidates must pass the eligibility test for an assistant professor to be considered for a JRF, the two processes are entirely distinct.
UGC NET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||UGC NET|
|Full form||University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||NTA – National Testing Agency|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Application form releasing date||2nd week of January|
|No. of papers||Paper 1Paper 2|
|No. of questions||Paper 1 = 50 questions, Paper 2 = 100 questions|
|No. of Marks||Paper 1 = 100 Marks, Paper 2 = 200 Marks|
|Time duration||3 hours|
|Type of the questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Negative Marking||Not applicable|
|Exam mode||Online ( Computer based )|
UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
All interested candidates must review the UGC NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria in accordance with the points covered below.
- The UGC NET Examination is open to candidates of all nationalities who have completed a postgraduate degree with 55% marks or higher
- Candidates who are enrolled in a postgraduate program can also apply to take the UGC NET exam.
- The UGC NET exam has a 31-year age restriction, but SC/ST category members are eligible for relaxation.
- To take the UGC NET Exam based on your subject, you must have a specific subject in your Masters’s program.
How to Apply for UGC NET?
- The UGC NET 2023 application form will be released separately for the December and June sessions.
- Candidates will be able to apply to start in January 2023 for the June session.
- The last date to submit the registration form will be the first week of February 2023.
- The application form will be available only online.
- No other method will be entertained for filling out the application form.
- In addition, the authority will provide a limited-time correction facility to edit any incorrect details (if any) in the application form.
- More than one application form will not be accepted, so candidates must fill out only one application form.
- While filling out the application form, candidates must not forget to upload a passport-size photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- The registration form will be accepted only by eligible candidates, so candidates are advised to check the forms to avoid any rejections.
- All important information will be sent to the candidates’ registered email addresses and phone numbers, so it must be valid and working.
- Once all of the information has been entered, candidates should print a copy for future reference.
Documents Required to Apply
- UGC NET Subject Code.
- Masters Degree.
- Marksheets of Graduation and Post Graduation.
- Four Exam Cities of your choice.
- Aadhar Card.
- Signature in JPG or JPEG Format.
- PP Size Photograph.
- Category Certificate.
- Domicile Certificate.
UGC NET 2023 Examination Application Fee
|General/ UR||Rs. 1,100/-|
|General-EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs. 5,50/-|
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 2,75/-|
UGC NET Syllabus
|Teaching Aptitude||1. Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding, and Reflective), Characteristics, and basic requirements.|
2. Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional, and Cognitive), Individual differences.
3. Factors affecting teaching related to Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment, and Institution.
4. Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning.
5. Teacher-centered vs. Learner-centered methods
6. Offline vs. Online methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.).
7. Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern, and ICT-based.
8. Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer-based testing, Innovations in evaluation systems. Aspirants can refer to the Latest UGC NET strategies so that they can make a proper daily routine for preparing for the exam.
|Research Aptitude||1. Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Post-positivist approach to research.|
2. Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative, and Quantitative methods.
3. Steps of Research.
4. Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing.
5. Application of ICT in research.
6. Research ethics.
|Comprehension||A passage of text is given. Questions are asked from the passage to be answered.|
|Communication||1. Communication: Meaning, types, and characteristics of communication.|
2. Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, and Classroom communication.
3. Barriers to effective communication.
4. Mass Media and Society
|Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude||1. Types of reasoning.|
2. Number series, Letter series, Codes, and Relationships.
3. Mathematical Aptitude
|Logical Reasoning||1. Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations, and denotations of terms, and Classical square of opposition.|
2. Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
3. Venn diagram: Simple and multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments.
4. Indian Logic: Means of knowledge.
5. Pramanas: Perception, Inference, Comparison, Verbal testimony, Implication, Non-apprehension.
6. Structure and kinds of Anumana: Inference, Invariable relation, Fallacies of inference
|Data Interpretation||1. Sources, acquisition, and classification of Data.|
2. Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
3. Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart, and Line-chart) and mapping of Data.
4. Data Interpretation.
5. Data and Governance
|Information and Communication Technology (ICT)||1. ICT: General abbreviations and terminology.|
2. Basics of the Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio, and Video-conferencing.
3. Digital initiatives in higher education.
4. ICT and Governance
|People, Development and Environment||1. Development and environment… Read Human and environmental interaction|
2. Environmental issues
3. Impacts of pollutants on human health
4. Natural and energy resources
5. Natural hazards and disasters
6. Environmental Protection Act
|Higher Education System: Governance, Polity & Administration||1. Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India.|
2. Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India.
3. Oriental, Conventional, and Non-conventional learning programs in India.
4. Professional, Technical, and Skill-Based education.
5. Value education and environmental education.
6. Policies, Governance, and Administration
UGC NET 2023 Important Dates
|UGC NET Notification 2023 Date||December 2022|
|UGC NET 2023 Registration Start Date||29 December 2022|
|Last Date to Fill Online Form||17 January 2023|
|UGC NET Exam Date 2023||21 February to 10 March 2023|
UGC NET 2023 Points to Follow
Aspiring candidates should make sure to go through all the details mentioned in the above article regarding UGC NET 2023 Registration Dates. Now if you have passed the Master’s Degree from any university in India with a minimum of 55% Marks then you can Apply Online UGC NET 2023 Exam and then appear for it as per the exam date. Once the candidates have registered for the UGC NET 2023 Exam, they should then familiarize themselves with the exam pattern and syllabus. In order to ensure that they have all the information required to ace their exams, candidates should thoroughly go through the UGC NET 2023 Notification and check for all the details such as the application process, registration dates, exam pattern, eligibility criteria, and syllabus. Once the candidates have become familiar with the details of the UGC NET 2023 Exam, they should start preparing for the exam.
UGC NET 2023 Exam Date: FAQs
Q1. What is the eligibility for the UGC NET 2023 exam?
- Candidates must qualify master’s degree from any recognized board or university to be eligible.
- Applicants must have scored a minimum of 55% marks (50% as OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD/ Third gender) without round-off.
Q2. What is the age limit and Is there any age relaxation for UGC NET 2023 examination?
- The candidate’s age cannot exceed 31 for JRF.
- Candidates from the reserved category will receive a 5-year age reduction.
- No upper age limit will apply to assistant professor positions.
Q3. What is the marking scheme for the UGC NET 2023 examination?
There will be two papers in the examination. The question paper will consist of 150 questions. For each correct answer, 2 marks will be given. There will be no negative marking for an incorrect answer.
Q4. How can I select the date and slot of the exam?
The date & slot will be allotted by a normalization process, so there will be no facility to select the date & slot.
Q5. When will the UGC NET admit card be released?
UGC NET Admit card will be issued in the month of May 2023 before 15 days before the examination. It will be available only through online mode. Candidates have to enter the required details in order to download the UGC NET hall ticket.
Q6. When will the results of UGC NET 2023 examination come out?
The UGC NET Results 2023 will be released by the NTA in the second week of July 2023. The only way to check it will be online.