The Railway Recruitment Cells (RRCs) of the South Central Railway (SCR), South Eastern Railway (SER), and North Western Railway (NWR) recently issued a notification for the recruitment of apprentices. It is estimated that 7914 vacancies will be filled this year. Among them, RRC SCR has 4103 vacancies. Out of the 7914 vacancies, SCR has the most with 4103 vacancies, followed by SER with 2045 and NWR with 1766. These vacancies are spread across 10 railway divisions within the South Central Railway: Hyderabad, Guntakal, Guntur, Nanded, Vijayawada, Secunderabad, Kazipet, Tirupati, and Rangareddy. All the above railway divisions are located in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, and Maharashtra. Through this recruitment process, the RRC SCR will select the best candidates to fill these 4103 vacancies, who will be placed in different divisions of the South Central Railway based on their qualifications and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for aspiring candidates who wish to serve on the South Central Railway. The South Central Railway (SCR) has released an official notification inviting applications from eligible candidates for the posts of trackman, helper/assistant pointsman, hospital attendant, and other posts. Interested candidates must apply for Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2023 online at the official websites of the respective railway zones. Before applying for the RRC SCR Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2023, candidates must meet the eligibility requirements. All candidates must meet the required educational qualifications, age limit, and other parameters as set by the Railway Recruitment Board. To be eligible, the candidate must have completed the 10th standard with an aggregate of 50% or more and should have obtained an ITI or NCVT qualification from a recognized institute.
SCR Railways 2023 Recruitment Important Dates
The timetable and schedule released by the RRC SCR has details about all the important dates related to the recruitment, such as the opening and closing of applications, examination dates, declaration of results, etc. Hence, if you are interested in applying for the South Central Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2023, you must keep track of all the important dates and deadlines to make sure that your application is accepted on time.
|Starting Date of Online Registration||30th December 2022|
|Last Date of Registration||29th January 2023|
SCR Railway Recruitment : Highlights
|Recruitment Organization||Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC)|
|Job Location||All over India|
|Mode of Apply||Online|
|Name of the division||Secunderabad|
Educational Qualification for SCR Apprentice
- To be eligible for this job, the candidate must have passed 10th class examination or its equivalent (under 10+2 examination system) with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized Board.
- Additionally, they must possess an ITI Certificate in the relevant trade notified from the institutes recognised by NCVT/SCVT.
Meeting these two criteria is essential for being considered for the position. The candidate should possess the required qualifications as stated in the job description at the time of submitting their online application. Aspiring candidates must make sure to possess the minimum qualifications as laid out by the job description to be considered eligible for a particular role. Possessing the required qualification and ITI Certificates issued by Institutes affiliated with NCVT/SCVT are essential criteria to be eligible for a position
SCR 2023 : Age Limit and Age relaxation
- The upper age limit for this recruitment is 24 years.
- The crucial date for the calculation of the age is 30.12.2022.
- Age relaxation will be given as per the rules of the government.
RRC SCR Apprentice Recruitment 2023 Overview
|Post Name||No. of posts||Trade||No. of posts according to Trade|
|AC mechanic = 250|
Carpenter = 18
Diesel Mechanic = 531
Electrician = 1019
Electronic mechanic = 92
Fitter = 1460
Machinist = 71
MMTM = 5
MMW = 24
Painter = 80
Welder = 553
Posts according to Category wise
Districts that are under SCR Railway
|Andhra pradesh||All districts except Visakhapatnam, Manyam, Vijayanagaram, and Srikakulam.|
|Maharashtra||Chandrapur, Lathur, Beed, Aurangabad, Washim, Jalna, Akhola, Parbhani, Hingoli, Nanded, Nasik, Amaravathi, and Yavatmal|
|Karnataka||Kalaburgi, Belgaum, Gulbarga, Bidar, Balki, Raichur, Yadgir, and Bellari|
|Madhya pradesh||Burhanpur and Khandwa|
SCR 2023 : Eligibility
- On April 21, 2022, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship organized an Apprenticeship Mela to recruit candidates as apprentices under the 1961 Apprentice Act.
- The mela was jointly organized by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and the Regional Directorate of Apprenticeship Training (RDAT).
- The Mela provided a unique platform for aspiring job seekers and offered them a great opportunity to connect with potential employers.
- The mela saw an enthusiastic response from job seekers, who came from various backgrounds and were keen to pursue the apprenticeship.
- The apprenticeship mela was held following the Railway Board’s instructions.
- In this notification, the applications received through this mela will also be clubbed with those on the eligible list for the preparation of the merit list.
- Candidates for imparting training under the Apprentice Act, of 1961 will be selected on a merit list. Selection of the eligible candidates will be based on the average of the percentage marks obtained by candidates in 10th Class/matriculation with a minimum of 50% (aggregate) marks.
- Candidates who have scored the same marks in their matriculation/10th Class exam earlier may be considered for consideration.
- In case of two candidates having the same age, the candidate with older age shall be preferred.
- If the dates of birth are also the same, then the candidate who passed the exam earlier shall be considered.
RRC SCR 2023 : Selection process
- Merit List on the basis of 10th Class Marks and ITI Marks
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
Training and Stipend
- The cut-off marks for selection would be determined by the railroad on a case-by-case basis.
- The eligible candidates who have been selected for training will have to execute a contract of apprenticeship as per the Apprentices Act.
- Under the Apprentice Act of 1961, the training period would be 12 months, which could be extended to 14 months if necessary.
RRC SCR 2023 : How to apply
- An online application has four stages: registration, personal information and educational qualification details, uploading photos and signatures, option selection, and payment of the processing fee.
- The candidate has to choose their option of priority or preference for the railway establishments of the South Central Railway for training.
- When you have successfully uploaded all the necessary education certificates, click preview.
- Make sure that all the details you enter are correct before submitting. After submitting all the details in the application form, it can be changed.
- An application submitted by the candidate will be displayed.
- After registering, a candidate may log in at any time to complete the submission process of an online application by clicking “Existing User Login” on the home page.
- Before submitting the application, candidates should ensure and double-check the accuracy of all information entered and certificates uploaded, and then click the SUBMIT button for the online application.
- Application once submitted cannot be modified.
Documents you need while applying as SCR Apprentice
- SSC/10 Class or its equivalent marks sheet.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Consolidated Marks Sheet of the ITI trade semesters.
- An NCVT-issued National Trade Certificate
- NCVT/SCVT-issued Provisional National Trade Certificate.
- RDAT registration form mentioning registration number..
- Community Certificate for SC/ST and for OBC.
- Disability Certificate in case of PwBD candidates (Disability Certificate in proper format for 40% or more disability) to be uploaded.
- EWS Certificate, if applicable.
- Medical certificate which should be signed by a Government authorized doctor (Gaz) not below the rank of Asst. Surgeon of Central/State Hospital.
- In case of ex-servicemen applying under the ex-servicemen quota, the discharge certificate or serving certificate will need to be provided.
Causes of Application Rejection in SCR Recruitment
Candidates are requested to read the instructions thoroughly before submitting the online application. Otherwise, their applications will be rejected for any of the following reasons or for any other valid reason. It is essential that candidates read the instructions carefully and follow them to the letter. Failing to do so will lead to their applications being rejected, resulting in a potentially wasted opportunity. As such, it is important for candidates to not only read the instructions carefully but also ensure that their applications are properly completed and submitted in a timely manner. Candidates must follow the instructions carefully to ensure that their applications are not rejected.
- Incorrect date of birth.
- Uploading a black-and-white photo or a photo with a cap, goggles, and a disfigured face.
- Unrecognizable or scanned Xerox copy.
- Not possessing the prescribed qualifications (10 Class and ITI) for the relevant trade.
- If the scanned signature is in block letters or any font styles then the application form will be rejected.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate, and no correspondence will be entertained in the matter.
- If erroneously engaged, such applicants shall be summarily dismissed or terminated without notice.
- The Railway Administration will not be held liable for any typographical or printing errors.
- No daily allowance, conveyance allowance, or travel allowance will be paid to the applicants called for document verification.
- Other types of irregularity observed and deemed invalid by the RRC SCR.
SCR Railway 2023 Application Fee
The application fee must be paid online.
|Gen/ OBC/ EWS||100 Rs/-|
|SC/ST/ PwD/ Female||Nill|
Railway SCR Apprentice Recruitment 2023: FAQ’S
Q1. What are the trading posts that are available for apprehensive posts?
The following trade posts are available for SCR apprentice recruitment 2023: AC Mechanic, Carpenter, Diesel Mechanic, Electrician, Electronic Mechanic, Fitter, Machinist, MMW, MMTM, Painter and welder.
Q2. What is the mode of application?
The mode of application is Online. The candidate can pay the fee through any kind of online payment.
Q3. What is MMW and MMTM?
MMW is MIIL Wright Maintenance.
MMTM is Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance
Q4. What is the minimum educational qualification?
Matriculation (Matriculate or 10th class in 10+2 examination system) from a recognized Board with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (excluding additional subjects) and an ITI Pass certificate (in the trade in which Apprenticeship is to be done) granted by the NCVT/SCVT.
Q6. What is the stipend for the apprentice?
The estimated salary of an Apprentice Trainee at Indian Railways ranges between ₹ 6,828 to ₹ 7,471 per month.