The National Defense Academy was established in 1954 and is the first tri-service academy in the world. It was founded with the merger of the Royal Indian Military College at Dehradun and the Indian Naval Academy at Cochin. The academy has produced some of the finest officers in the Indian Armed Forces. It has been granted the status of “Institution of National Eminence” by the Government of India.
UPSC NDA 1 2023 Recruitment Details
UPSC released the NDA notification 2023 on December 21, 2022, on its official website. The notification set off a wave of excitement among aspiring candidates, who flocked to the website in an attempt to fill out their applications and secure their spots in the upcoming exam. The NDA Application form 2023 is now available as of December 21, 2022, and the exam dates for the NDA 2023 have also been released.
Candidates need to fill out the NDA Application Form 2023 by the given deadline and submit their applications with all relevant documents to be eligible for the exam. To ensure that the selection process is conducted fairly and without any discrepancies, UPSC has laid out strict guidelines for applicants to follow.
UPSC NDA I Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The selection procedure consists of a written examination followed by an interview for intelligence and personality. The written examination, known as the NDA Examination, is conducted in two stages. The first stage is the National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination (NDA NA Exam), which consists of two papers: mathematics and the General Ability Test (GAT).
The mathematics paper consists of objective-type questions from algebra, trigonometry, analytical geometry, and calculus. The General Ability Test is also an objective-type paper and includes questions from English, history, geography, physics, and chemistry. The second stage of the NDA examination is the Services Selection Board (SSB). The NDA 2023 exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year, for which they released the notification on their official website.
- Candidates are required to provide details such as their educational qualifications, date of birth, and other relevant information in the NDA Application Form 2023.
- Furthermore, applicants must provide attested copies of the documents required for verification and submit them along with the application form.
- Adherence to the NDA Application Form 2023 and its guidelines is mandatory to successfully pass the selection process.
- By following the instructions and guidelines provided in the NDA Application Form 2023, applicants can rest assured that the selection process will be conducted fairly and following the rules laid out by UPSC.
- It is important to note that all the information provided by the candidates must be accurate and honest, as any misrepresentation of facts or false documents provided can result in disqualification from the selection process.
UPSC NDA I Recruitment 2023 Highlights
|Exam Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam||NDA and NA|
|Eligibility Conditions||Age limit: 16.5 to 19.5 years|
Educational Qualification: Class 12
|Nationality||Must be an Indian citizen|
|Number of papers||Paper 1: Math|
Paper 2: GAT
|Duration of the Examination||Paper 1 : 150 minutes|
Paper 2 : 150 minutes
|Negative Marking||There will be negative grading for every wrong answer. One third (1/3) of marks will be deducted from one mark.|
|Topics for SSB Interview||Testing|
Group Testing Officers Test
Candidates must read and understand the instructions provided on the NDA Application Form 2023 before submitting their applications, as non-adherence to the instructions may cause a delay in the selection process.
- Furthermore, applicants must make sure to fill out the NDA Application Form 2023 completely and accurately, as incomplete forms will not be accepted.
- From May 17, 2023, applicants can submit their applications for the second session. Every year, the UPSC conducts the NDA (National Defense Academy) examination twice a year. UPSC has announced vacancies for admission into the academy.
Candidates who pass this exam are admitted to the Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force Academies. The NDA exam is highly competitive, and students are expected to put in extensive preparation to clear it.
As a result, the syllabus for the exam is vast and covers subjects like math, English, general knowledge, and general science. The syllabus is designed to assess a candidate’s aptitude and physical fitness, ensuring that only the most suitable candidates are admitted into the academies. Despite the comprehensive syllabus, the NDA exam is considered to be one of the toughest exams in India due to its focus on rigorous mental and physical training. We will only select candidates who meet the requirements for the interview, medical exam, and subsequent phases.
Syllabus for UPSC NDA 1 Recruitment 2023
|Mathematics||Algebra, Matrices and Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry for 2D and 3D, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential equations, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability|
|General eligibility test||Part A : English|
Part B : General Knowledge
Candidates in the Indian Armed Forces, for whom NDA examinations are one of the most sought-after exams, submit their applications hoping to be commissioned into the army for a better understanding of the selection procedure. The NDA selection process is decided by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC. This exam is conducted twice a year to induct cadets into the National Defense Academy and later to get commissioned as Indian Army officers. As a result of the selection procedure, there are three stages:
- NDA Written Exam
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination
UPSC NDA I Recruitment 2023 Overview
In this article, we’ve covered every important detail regarding the NDA Exam 2023, including the application form, exam pattern, cost, exam dates, number of vacancies for each category, syllabus, and much more. NDA and NA are abbreviations for the National Defense Academy and the Naval Academy, respectively. UPSC not only recruits candidates twice a year, but also administers competitive examinations for admission to the Army, Navy, and Air Force wings of National Defense Academy (NDA) and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
The NDA Notification 2023 was published by UPSC on December 21, 2022, and contains all the important information about the NDA 2023 Exam. The General Ability Test is an important aspect of the NDA 2023 Exam, as it evaluates the skills and knowledge of candidates from a variety of fields. The NDA General Ability Test comprises two sections: the written exam and the SSB interview. The written exam consists of questions from various subjects like English, mathematics, general knowledge, and current affairs.
UPSC NDA I Recruitment 2023 Important Dates
UPSC conducts an NDA exam twice a year. The UPSC NDA 1 Notification 2023 PDF is an important document to understand the NDA exam in detail. It was released on the official website of the UPSC on December 21, 2022, and the UPSC NDA 2 Notification 2023 PDF will be released on May 17, 2023.
|Notification Date||21st December 2022|
|Application starts from||21st December 2022|
|Application last date||12th January 2-23|
|Correction window period||18th to 24th January 2023|
|Admit Card released date||Between 1st to 8th April 2023|
|Examination Date||16th April 2023|
|Examination Result||May 2023|
|Interview Date||May 2023|
Functions of the National Defense Academy
Following are the functions of the National Defense Academy:
- The National Defense Academy trains the officers of all three forces, i.e., the Army, Navy, and Air Force.
- The National Defense Academy provides quality education to the cadets.
- The National Defense Academy shapes officers’ personalities and prepares them to be responsible citizens of India.
- The National Defense Academy develops leadership qualities in the cadets.
- The National Defense Academy helps the officers understand India’s defense policy and international relations.
- The National Defense Academy is the only academy in India that trains the officers of all three forces.
UPSC NDA I Recruitment 2023 : Application Process
By following the instructions, candidates will get an idea of how to apply for the UPSC NDA I examination.
- NDA I application forms were made available on December 21, 2022.
- Candidates are able to apply only through the online mode.
- The registration process can be completed in two parts.
- Part I includes basic registration and other details, while Part II includes uploads of scanned photographs, signatures, fee payments, etc.
- The candidates need to choose their examination centers based on their own preferences.
- Candidates must carefully fill out the application form, including personal, academic, and other information.
- The authority has also provided the candidates with application withdrawal facilities for a short period of time.
- Applications for NDA I will be accepted until January 12, 2023.
- Candidates need to upload scanned documents in the specific format and fill out the details carefully to avoid mistakes.
- Take a printout of the application form for the future references.
Application Fee : UPSC NDA 1 2023
- The application fee for the NDA 2023 examination is Rs. 100 for all candidates.
- Candidates who are SC/ST/NCOs/Sons of JCOs/ORS are exempt from paying the application fee.
- Application fees can be paid via credit card, debit card, net banking, or SBI challan.
Q1. Is there any fitness examination in UPSC NDA 1 2023 recruitment?
Yes. Candidates must be physically fit as per the physical standards set by the commission/ authorities.
Q2. What will be the mode of the written examination of UPSC NDA 1 2023 Recruitment?
The mode of written examination of UPSC NDA 1 2023 recruitment will be offline. The examination will take 5 hours i.e., 2 and half an hour for each paper. There will be two papers for the examination.
Q3. What type of questions will be presented in the UPSC NDA 1 2023 written examination?
The Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ) will be asked in the question paper.
Q4. What is the examination pattern for UPSC NDA 1 2023 notification?
For Paper 1 which is mathematics, the marks are 300. While the paper 2 which consists of General ability test, the marks will be a total of 600.
Q5. What is the syllabus for Paper 2, General ability test?
The paper 2 will consists of two parts as Part A- English & Part B- General Knowledge
Part A: English
It will be designed basically to test understanding of students in English & how to use proper words. The syllabus will include vocabulary, grammar, comprehension & usage of cohesion in extended text. Candidate’s proficiency in English will be checked.
Part B: General Knowledge
It will include various topics from various subjects as Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social studies, and Geography & current events.
Q6. When will the admit cards be released?
The admit card of NDA for 1st session will be released a few days before the commencement of the exam. NDA Admit card will be made available in the month of April 2023 for NDA I. Students can download their hall tickets by entering their login details online on the website.