West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) is going to conduct a recruitment process for the post of Librarian in the year 2023. WBPSC is a committee constituted by the Government of West Bengal to conduct examinations for recruitment to various posts in the State. The recruitment process will be conducted in three phases- written examination, interview and document verification.
The candidates who will qualify for the written examination will be called for an interview. The final selection of the candidates will be done based on the marks obtained in the written examination and interview. The candidates who will qualify for the written examination and interview will be called for document verification.
The candidates who will qualify for the document verification will be appointed as librarians in the West Bengal Public Service Commission. West Bengal’s government positions often provide a high level of job stability. You can give back to your community and improve people’s lives by working as a librarian in a government position in West Bengal. This could be an excellent opportunity if you want to become a librarian.
West Bengal Librarian Recruitment 2023: Overview
WBPSC is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Librarian. Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Library Science from a recognized university. English and Bengali proficiency is required of the candidate. The written examination will be of an objective type and will be based on the topics covered in the Bachelor’s degree in Library Science. So please continue reading the article if you are interested in working as a librarian.
|Recruitment Board||West Bengal Public Service Commission|
|Location of the Job||West Bengal|
|Application date:||To be announced|
|Official Website||CLICK HERE|
West Bengal Librarian Recruitment 2023 Vacancy
According to basic guidelines, there should be 60% of vacancies in the general category, 30% for members of the OBC, and 20% for members of the SC and ST.
West Bengal Librarian Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the WBPSC Librarian post are as follows:
1) The candidate must be a national of India.
2) The candidate must meet all academic and age requirements.
West Bengal Librarian Recruitment 2023 Educational Qualification
- The eligibility criteria for the post of Librarian is a degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized university.
- Knowledge of computer in Library software.
West Bengal Librarian Recruitment 2023 Age Limit
The prescribed age limit for the candidates appearing for this post must be between 18 and 35 years as of 1st January of the year of recruitment.
The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes, and 3 years for the candidates belonging to OBC.
How To Apply For West Bengal Librarian Recruitment 2023?
STEP 1. Click on the Librarian Notification link on the official website and find the recruitment notification.
STEP 2. Click on Apply to get the librarian online application form, the most recent 2023 job notices, and the PDF notification.
STEP 3. Provide your contact information and basic information (education) for the West Bengal Government Librarian position opening in 2023.
STEP 4. Complete and confirm the WBSSC Librarian Application Process by paying the application cost online or offline, uploading papers, and adding a photo and signature.
Documents To Be Submitted
- All grade reports and certificates for necessary (academic and professional) degrees.
- Copy of address verification. (Aadhar/EPIC Card)
- A certified copy of the birthdate.
- A certified copy of your caste or category (if any).
- A copy of the computer literacy certificate.
- A copy of a certificate certifying at least three years of full-time employment experience in library administration.
- A copy of the registration card or employment exchange card (if any).
- Quantity 1 passport-size color photograph, one official self-addressed envelope measuring 25 cm by 10.5 cm, and one postal stamp costing Rs. 22 (twenty-two).
Important Dates: West Bengal Librarian Recruitment 2023
All the important dates are to be announced shortly.
The salary of a government librarian varies depending on the level of government and the location of the position. the salary range for the position of librarian in West Bengal is between Rs. 32,100 and Rs. 82,900, plus various allowances as per the ROPA 2019, Pay level 10.
A written test plus an interview make up the selection process.
West Bengal Librarian Recruitment 2023 Syllabus: PRELIMINARY SCREENING TEST
|UNIT I||Legal and IPR Issues|
Right to Information
Act on Information Technology
|UNIT II||The field of library and information science|
Public relations for the library and outreach initiatives
|UNT III||Information Resources |
Evaluation of citations and online resources
|UNIT IV||Mobile-based tools and services for libraries;|
Community information services;
Worldwide networks and information systems
Library consortia and resource sharing
|UNIT V||Informational Organizations|
Standard Formats and Descriptions for Bibliographic Records
Standards for Metadata
Techniques and Systems for Indexing
System for retrieving information
|UNIT VI||Management of information centers and libraries|
|UNIT VII||Acquisition, technical processing, circulation, serial control, maintenance, and inventory checking are all aspects of a library.|
|UNIT VIII||Software Categories|
Internet, standards, and protocols
Multimedia, video conferencing, virtual reality, and augmented reality are examples of hypertext and hypermedia
Security measures for data, networks, firewalls, cryptography, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and intrusion detection systems.
|UNIT IX||Data collection techniques, statistical software, and impact factors|
|UNIT X||Information and library services for academics.|
The West Bengal Public Service Commission may just have interviews or both in some of its notifications, but the selection process for the West Bengal Govt Librarian 2023 Recruitment often includes a written exam. The written examination is of objective type and is generally two hours in duration. It consists of 100 questions of multiple-choice type. For each incorrect response, one-third of the total mark will be deducted. General knowledge, library science, English current events, math, and logical reasoning are the topics covered in the questions.
The knowledge of the subject of “Library Science” will be given an 80 percent weight, followed by 10 percent for the English language, 10 percent for math, and 10 percent for logical reasoning. The final selection is based on the marks obtained in the written examination and the interview. The candidates who qualify for the written examination are called for an interview. Bengali language and computer skills may be assessed during the interview.
- There are many benefits to being a government librarian in India. One of the most important is the stability of the job. Government librarians in India are typically civil servants, which means they have job security and benefits such as retirement pensions and health insurance.
- Another benefit of being a government librarian in India is the good pay. Government librarians in India typically earn more than their counterparts in the private sector.
- Finally, government librarians in India often have access to many resources that are not available to those in the private sector. This can include things like books, magazines, newspapers, and even computers. This can be important for those who are looking to keep up with the latest news and information. So, if you are Looking for a career in library science, this can be considered a good opportunity to start.
West Bengal Librarian Recruitment 2023: FAQs
Q1. What is the WBPSC Librarian recruitment exam syllabus?
The WBPSC Librarian recruitment exam syllabus includes topics on General Awareness, English Language, Library and Information Science, and Reasoning Ability.
Q2. What will the job's location be once the candidates are appointed?
The candidates who are appointed to the post of Librarian are liable to be transferred anywhere in the state of West Bengal.
Q3. What would be the procedure following the candidate's selection for the position?
- The candidates who are selected for the post of librarian will be given a letter of appointment.
- The candidates must produce the original certificates and mark sheets at the time of the interview.
- The candidates must also produce the original certificates and mark sheets at the time of joining.
Q4. What is the process for appearing in WBPSC exams?
The process for appearing in WBPSC exams varies depending on the service for which one is applying. Generally, candidates must first register online, and then fill out and submit the application form. The admit card will be issued once the application form has been verified. The examination will be conducted at various centers across the state.
Q5. What is the written examination for WBPSC Librarian recruitment?
The written examination for WBPSC Librarian recruitment is a computer-based test that consists of multiple-choice questions.
Q6. What is WBPSC?
WBPSC is the West Bengal Public Service Commission. It is a constitutional body that is responsible for recruiting civil servants in the state of West Bengal.