West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited [WBSEDCL] is going to release the official notification for WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023 very shortly. The WBSEDCL Board is going to announce the important dates regarding the notification with the recruitment news. It is a very good opportunity for all aspirants who wish to apply for government jobs in West Bengal State. 360 available vacancies are to be expected for this yearly state-level examination. People who are hoping to work with West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited [WBSEDCL] should ensure that they are eligible for this recruitment.
The vacancies are available for technical assistants, also known as Junior Operation Technicians. The selection process will consist of a written examination and Computer Proficiency Test. Candidates who are going to get selected based on these two examinations will be called for Document Verification. The competition is going to make the examinations tough which is why the candidates should understand the proper pattern and syllabus for both examinations.
The article given below gives detailed information and understanding of the upcoming examination for WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023. It also informs about the examination pattern, syllabus, Reference books to prepare from, and several other important pieces of information regarding recruitment.
WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023 Important Details
|Official Website||CLICK HERE|
|Name of the Organization||West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited [WBSEDCL]|
|Name of the Recruitment||WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023|
|Job Location||West Bengal|
|Level Of Examination||State Level|
|Number of Vacancies||360 vacancies [Expected]|
|Type of Job||Government Job|
MUST-READ| PM Kisan Beneficiary List WB 2023: List Of All Applicable Yojanas!
All the important dates regarding the examination and registration of the candidates will be announced soon on the official website of West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited [WBSEDCL].
WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must carry a domicile certificate of West Bengal State and should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have passed the 10th standard examination from a recognized board in India.
- The candidate should have a Trade certificate in NCTV from any Industrial Training Institute [ITI] in electrician, wireman, or Electronic Mechanic for at least a total duration of 2 years under the Directorate of Industrial Training, the state government of West Bengal.
Age Limit and Age Relaxation
|Name of the category||Minimum Age Limit||Maximum Age Limit||Age Relaxation|
|Unreserved candidates||18 Years||27 Years||N/A|
|SC/ST Candidates||18 Years||27 Years||5 Years|
|OBC Candidates [NCL]||18 Years||27 Years||3 Years|
|PwD||18 Years||27 Years||10 Years|
MUST-READ| WB GDS Recruitment 2023: Highlights, How To Apply, Selection Process, Criteria!
WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
There will be 2 phases in the selection process for the WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023.
- Written Examination
- Computer Proficiency Test
- The total duration of the examination will be of 90 minutes and it will be an objective Multiple-Choice Question [MCQ] test.
- For every correct answer, one mark will be allotted and 0.33 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Name of the Subjects||Total number of Questions||Maximum Marks Allotted|
|English Language||15||15 Marks|
|Bengali Language||05||05 Marks|
|General Awareness||10||10 Marks|
|Logical and analytical Reasoning||10||10 Marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||20||20 Marks|
|Data Analysis||05||05 Marks|
|Computer Proficiency||20||20 Marks|
|TOTAL||85 Questions||85 Marks|
WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023 Syllabus
|Name of the Subjects||Syllabus|
|English Language||Synonyms, Antonyms, Basic concepts of Grammar, Figures of Speech, Reading Comprehension, Grammatical error-based questions, Paragraph Completion, Sentence Completion, Tenses, Adjectives and Adverbs, Cloze Test, Fillers, Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension, etc.|
|Bengali Language||Knowledge about West Bengal, Grammar, Antonyms, Synonyms, Phrases, Error Detection, Comprehension, Fill in the Blanks, Vocabulary, etc.|
|General Awareness||International and national current affairs, General Science, History and Literature, Geography, Indian constitution and Indian Parliament, Civics, Indian Heritage, Famous Books, Famous Authors, Inventions and Discoveries, Rivers, lakes, seas, Tourism, Sports, Famous places in India, etc.|
|Logical And Analytical Reasoning||Direction Sense, Data Interpretation, Syllogism, Sitting Arrangement, Blood Relation, Series, Non-Verbal Series, Number and Ranking, Coding-Decoding, Clocks Calendars, Alphabet series, Arithmetical Reasoning, Analogy, Statements, and Arguments, etc|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Profit and Loss, Average, Interest, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Squares and Square Roots, Cube and Cube Roots, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Distance, time and work, Basic Algebraic Identities, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Hemisphere, Cylinder, Square, Congruency, Right Circular, Right Circular Cone, Mensuration, Perimeter and Area, Mixture and Allegation, etc|
|Data Analysis||Histogram, Pie Chart, Statistics, Bar Diagram, Frequency Polygon, Data Sufficiency, Quantity Comparison, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency, etc.|
MUST-READ| MPPSC State Service Recruitment 2023: When & Where To Apply For The Process?
Computer Proficiency test
The time duration for Computer Proficiency Test will be 30 minutes. The syllabus for the Computer proficiency test is given below.
|Name of the Subject||Syllabus|
|Computer Proficiency||Basic Knowledge and concepts of computer, MS Word, MS Excel, Computer Software, Basic Knowledge of MS Office, Hardware, and Software, Operating Systems, Computer Language, MS PowerPoint, Basic Knowledge and concepts of the Internet, Email, Search Engines, Local Area Network [LAN], Wide Area Network [WAN], Modulator-demodulator [MODEM], Firewall, Warm, Virus, Malware, Internet Security, Network Security, Network, Web Servers, Basic Knowledge of Cyber, CPU, Memory, etc.|
Reference Books For WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023
The reference books which could be a great help to study and prepare the subjects for the written examination are given below. The candidates must prepare with the help of reference books because the examination will be tough and competitive.
|Name of the Reference Books||Name of the Authors|
|Manorama Yearly Book||Mammen Mappillai|
|English Language and Grammar||Wren and Martin|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Objective Computer Awareness||Arihant Experts|
Minimum Qualifying Marks For The Examination
The candidates are expected to achieve the given minimum qualifying marks for the examination to pass the examination. The marks are given category-wise for the candidates.
- Person with Disability [PwD] – Minimum 30% marks
- Other Backward Classes [OBC] – Minimum 35% marks
- Scheduled Tribes – Minimum 30% marks
- Scheduled Castes – Minimum 35% marks
- Unreserved – Minimum 40% marks
MUST-READ| West Bengal Food Safety Officer Recruitment 2023 Salary Details & Process
After registration, The Candidate has to pay an application fee for the WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023. The candidate will not be eligible for the examination if they do not pay the application fee for the recruitment examination. The payment of the application fee has to be done online by using any of the four available payment methods like Credit Card, Net Banking, E-Challan, and Debit Card. The application fee for the different categories of candidates are:
- The ST/SC and PwD candidates do not have to pay any amount of application fee.
- All the other candidates including OBC have to pay the application fee of Rs. 300/-
How To Register Online For The WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023
After the West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited [WBSEDCL] releases the notification, the dates for online registrations will begin soon. The candidate has to follow certain steps to apply or register online for the WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023:
- Visit the official website of West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited [WBSEDCL], and a new screen with a lot of links will appear.
- On clicking the link for the notification pdf of the recruitment, the pdf will open and the candidate can read all the necessary details regarding the vacancy.
- Candidate has to make sure that they are eligible to participate in the examination of WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023.
- After reading the Pdf, click on the recruitment link.
- Click on the registrations and fill out all the necessary details required.
- After filling in the important details of the candidate, upload a passport-size photograph of the candidate and their signature.
- Check the information filled by the candidate again and ensure that there are no spelling mistakes or errors as it will not be adjustable after submitting the application.
- Submit the final application with all the scanned documents.
- Pay the application fee with the four available online payment methods as Debit Card, Net Banking, E challan, and Credit card.
- After payment of the fee, the candidate has officially registered successfully for the examination.
- Take the printout of the fee receipt.
Q1. Who organizes the WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment?
West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited [WBSEDCL] is responsible for organizing WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment every year.
Q2. Who is the head of West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited [WBSEDCL]?
Saswati Banerjee who is also a retired IAS is the head of West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company Limited [WBSEDCL].
Q3. Is Bengali compulsory for WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023?
Yes, Bengali is a compulsory language for candidates participating in WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment 2023. The Bengali Language is also a subject for the written examination of recruitment.
Q4. What is the application fee for OBC candidates?
The application fee for OBC and Other candidates [excluding SC/ST and PwD Candidates] is Rs. 300/-
Q5. What is the selection process for WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment?
The selection process consists of 2 phases which are a written examination and a Computer Proficiency Test. After clearing both of these examinations, the shortlisted candidates are going to be called for Document Verification.
Q6. What are the subjects for the written examination of WBSEDCL Technical Assistant Recruitment?
The subjects are English language, Bengali Language, General Awareness, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Analysis and Computer Proficiency.
MUST-READ| NIACL Recruitment 2023: How To Apply, Selection Process, Age Limit, Criteria!