WBCHSE stands for West Bengal State Council of Higher Education. WBCHSE was established in 1975 by the Government of West Bengal, to regulate, monitor, and develop Higher Education in West Bengal. It’s a government body responsible for overseeing the higher education system in the Indian state of West Bengal. The mission of WBCHSE is to ensure quality education, promote equal access and opportunity, foster innovation and excellence in the teaching-learning process, and provide a sound foundation for the development of institutions. WBCHSE works towards its mission by providing grants, developing infrastructure, and implementing various programs for the development of higher education in West Bengal.
WBCHSE has also been instrumental in promoting and encouraging research in the field of higher education, establishing and facilitating collaborations between universities, and providing scholarships to deserving students. WBCHSE strives to improve the overall quality of higher education in West Bengal and ensure equitable access to it. In its efforts to achieve these objectives, WBCHSE works in collaboration with other stakeholders, including universities, government agencies, industry partners, and non-governmental organizations. The WBSCHE regulates and manages colleges, universities, and other higher education institutions set standards for academic programs and degrees, conducts exams, and awards degrees.
WBCHSE has also encouraged higher education institutions to engage in research, promote entrepreneurship and innovation, and adopt best practices. To ensure its objectives are met, WBCHSE encourages collaboration and partnerships with other stakeholders to create a vibrant and dynamic higher education system in West Bengal. WBCHSE also encourages collaboration and partnership with industry, other educational institutions, and the community. Through its collaborations, WBCHSE can provide guidance and resources to higher education institutions to help them reach their goals.
WBCHSE Class 11 Highlights
|Name of the Board||West Bengal State Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE), Kolkata|
|Class||Higher Secondary (STD-11/ STD-1) Class 11th|
|Course||Regular and Distance|
|Official Website||CLICK HERE|
WBCHSE Class 11 Overview
The West Bengal State Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE), Kolkata, is going to distribute the state Higher Secondary (HS) Course annual final public examination test admit cards or roll numbers for general and vocational Arts, Science, and Commerce stream students to the academic year of 2023. To receive the HS Course examination admit card or roll number, students need to fill out a form from the West Bengal State Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) website. The board distributes the final public exam hall ticket each year, before the commitment of annual exams.
WBCHSE, Kolkata, takes all the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of the students. WBCHSE, Kolkata, also ensures that all the necessary guidelines and protocols are followed by the schools during the time of exams. The WBCHSE, Kolkata has also announced that all the necessary safety guidelines issued by the state government and Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be strictly followed to make sure that all students can safely participate in their examinations. This is a testament to the commitment of WBCHSE, Kolkata to prioritize the safety and well-being of their students.
WBCHSE, Kolkata, has taken several measures to guarantee the safety of students and staff during exam times. These measures include the implementation of social distancing protocols, strict adherence to hygiene guidelines, mandatory use of face masks, regular sanitization of exam halls and classrooms, and comprehensive contact tracing processes. All these measures, when followed strictly, will help ensure the safety of students and staff during examination times.
WBCHSE Class 11 English Syllabus
|Prose||Leela’s Friend, Karma, Jimmy valentine, Nobel lecture, The place of art in education|
|Poetry||Upon Westminster Bridge, Meeting at night, The sick rose, Brotherhood, Daybreak|
|Drama||Comedy of errors, As you like it, Twelfth Night, Othello, Macbeth|
|Grammar||Voice Change, Change the mode of Narration, Transformation of Sentences, Joining of Sentences (Simple, Complex, Compound), Splitting of Sentences into two or more Simple Sentences, Fill in the blanks with appropriate Articles and Prepositions|
|Writing skill||A paragraph or Story Writing, Newspaper Advertisement, Commercial Leaflet|
WBCHSE Class 11 English Exam Pattern
The total number of marks for the West Bengal Higher Secondary 2022 English exam will be 100, with 80 for written and 20 for project. The written portion of the exam will be divided into two parts. The multiple choice and short answer questions in the first part will be designed to assess a student’s understanding of language, grammar, and literature. You can see the full question structure for Class 11 English.
- Rewrite the Sentences Below = 7
- 10 points for writing a paragraph or a story.
- Advertisements in the newspaper = 5
- 5 commercial leaflets
WBCHSE Class 11 English Examination Tips
Here are some tips for students appearing for the WBCHSE class 11 exams:
- Understand the syllabus: Make sure you have a clear understanding of the syllabus and the topics covered in each subject. This will help you prioritize your studies and focus on what is most important.
- Make a study schedule: Plan your study time and stick to a schedule. Allocate more time to subjects that you find challenging and less time to those you feel confident about.
- Practice regularly: Regular practice is the key to success in any exam. Solve previous year’s papers, and sample papers, and take mock tests to get a feel for the type of questions that might come up in the exam.
- Revise regularly: Regular revision is important to keep the information fresh in your mind. Make a revision plan and stick to it.
- Manage your time during the exam: Time management is crucial during the exam. Read the question paper carefully, prioritize the questions, and allocate your time accordingly. Don’t spend too much time on one question, as this may result in losing valuable time on other questions.
- Focus on the task at hand while staying calm and focused during the exam. Take deep breaths, relax, and focus on the task at hand.
- Maintain a healthy sleep schedule: Sleep plays an important role in both mental and physical well-being. You will be fresh and alert on the day of the exam if you get adequate sleep beforehand.
- Stay healthy: Eat well, drink plenty of water, and exercise regularly to maintain your health and energy levels.
Points to Remember
- Success in exams requires a combination of hard work, dedication, and smart preparation.
- Stay focused and positive, and you will do well! Lastly, make sure to have a positive attitude and remember that you have worked hard to prepare for the exam.
- During the exam, take regular breaks and use relaxation techniques to stay calm and focused.
- Even though it is important to remain focused and positive, it is equally important to remember that exams are just a part of the journey and not the end-all.
- Rather than obsessing over the result of one exam, it is important to take a step back and remember that success can be found in many areas of life.
- Instead of allowing the pressure to get to you, take a moment to appreciate all the effort you have put in and to remind yourself that it is possible to succeed despite any potential outcome.
- Staying positive is key to doing well on any exam, so it is important to acknowledge the effort you have put into your studies and remind yourself of how far you have come.
- Taking a moment to reflect on your hard work and success will not only give you the necessary confidence to succeed in any exam, but it can also be a great way to reduce stress.
- As such, it is important to take a moment to recognize and celebrate your successes and hard work, regardless of the exam result.
WBCHSE Class 11 Examination Dates
The schedule for the exams is from 10 a.m. to 1.15 a.m. From February 15 to March 4, 2023, all practical exams will be held. All the subjects (except a few) will have a duration of 3 hours and 15 minutes. Students should make sure to arrive at the exam venue 15 minutes before the scheduled time to complete all the formalities and begin their exams on time. This will be the case for both theory and practical exams. This is an important part of the examination process as arriving late could lead to being disqualified from the exam, and no student would want to miss out on their chance to achieve their desired grades.
It is therefore of utmost importance that all students plan their travel routes and be present at the exam venue before the allotted time, ensuring that they don’t miss out on this valuable opportunity. The few subjects with a shorter duration of 2 hours and 15 minutes have been specifically mentioned in the exam timetable, so students should pay special attention to this before planning their schedule. All students should keep a close eye on the exam timetable to get familiar with their respective exam dates and times. They should ensure to carry the relevant stationary items, such as a pen, pencil, and eraser to the exam venue. Additionally, students should carry their valid photo ID card and hall ticket to the exam venue, as these are mandatory for appearing in the exam.
Q1. How to download the hall ticket or admit card of class 11th from the website of WBCHSE?
Visit the West Bengal State Council for Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) website and the official Kolkata Board website, and select the option of the student corner. Select your study stream or group like arts, science, or commerce, and choose class 11, then finally enter the security captcha code. The WBHS Admit Card 2023 is displayed on the screen with complete student details and allotted exam center details.
Q2. What is the official website for downloading the WB HS Admit Card 2023 schedule?
Candidates who meet the criteria can obtain the official website at http://wbchse.nic.in to download their WB HS Admit Card 2023.
Q3. When will there be a Class 11 exam in West Bengal?
WBCHSE Class 11 Exams will be held from March 14 to March 27, 2023. The exams will be held from 2:00 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
Q4. What is the pass mark for WBCHSE Class 11 (theory and practical)?
The pass mark for WBCHSE class 11 is 30%.
Q5. What is the process for the WBCHSE registration form?
Candidates must follow the steps below to download the West Bengal High School Certificate (HS) application form from the official website -wbchse.nic.in. Click on the “HS Registration form 2023” link on the right side of the home page. Take a printout of the application form and fill it up and submit it.
Q6. What is the application fee for WBCHSE examination?
The fee will be 200 Rs/- for everyone. If anyone will be late for registration then the candidate has to pay the extra fee of 100 Rs/-.