The wait for the West Bengal teacher recruitment examination is finally going to be over as the West Bengal board of primary education or WBBPE announced that the notification for the recruitment of Primary teachers (PRT) is going to be out soon. The aspirants waiting for it can now speed up their preparations and those waiting to start their preparation should wait no more as the day of the examination is not far away now.
The exam is conducted once a year and recruits candidates from various backgrounds for the post of primary teachers in Government and government-aided schools of West Bengal. The exam is conducted by the West Bengal board of primary education, which deals with primary education in the state.
The candidates need to have passed the primary TET examination in order to be eligible for the primary teacher post. All the information regarding the WBBPE recruitment eligibility criteria and educational qualifications and age limit has been given below.
The candidates need to keep in mind that they have to register on the official site before filling out the online application form for primary teacher recruitment. The candidates also need to make sure they fill out the application fees before the given deadline in order to complete the application and to appear in the exam, if unable to fill it on time the candidature stands cancelled.
Some Basic Information Regarding Post
|Official website||CLICK HERE|
|Post name||PRT(primary) teacher|
|Type of job||Government job|
|No. of vacancies||9000(Expected)|
|Location of job||West Bengal|
|Name of recruitment||WBBPE Recruitment|
|Salary||Rs. 28,900+ additional benefits|
Information Regarding Application Form
|Notification release date||Expected soon|
|Application start date||Expected soon|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Examination date||To be informed later|
WBBPE Teacher Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Please make sure you fulfil all the eligibility criteria as per the notification before filling the application form to make sure your candidature is accepted. The eligibility needs to be fulfilled at all the stages during the procedure, in case any candidate fails to fulfil the eligibility, the candidature would stand cancelled.
Nationality and Domicile
Candidates must be a citizen of India as per the Indian citizenship act, 1955 i.e. must be born in India or both parents must be citizens of India born before or after 1947 in India.
The candidate should have a domicile in West Bengal.
The candidates must possess the following qualifications:
● Passed senior secondary with a minimum of 50% of marks
● Passed or appeared in the final year of 2 years D El Ed(Diploma in elementary education) or 4-year B El Ed (Bachelor’s of elementary education) / Graduate with a minimum of 50% marks along with 2 years of B Ed (Bachelor’s of education)
● Passed the West Bengal TET or CTET examination in previous years.
The candidate must be below the age of 40 years of age.
The candidate must be above 18 years of age as per the notification.
Upper Age Relaxation
The following documents are required to apply for the post:
● Marksheets of secondary and senior secondary or equivalent from a recognized board
● TET certificate of passed TET examination.
● ID card for verification like an Aadhar card or pan card or passport or driving license.
● Recent Photographs with clearly visible features.
● Caste certificate (if applicable).
● EWS/ SC/ ST certificate (if applicable).
WBBPE Teacher Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The selection process of WBBPE teacher recruitment 2023 consists of three stages i.e. written examination and interview process and documents verification.
- The candidates who pass the written examination are qualified for the next process i.e. the interview.
- The candidates clearing the interview are called for document verification. The final merit list is issued after all three processes are completed i.e. documents are verified.
- The final merit consists of the candidates that are finalized after the document verification.
The finalized candidates are posted in various districts depending on the number of vacancies present in different districts.
- The written examination consists of 150 questions each of 1 mark. The total marks are 150.
- Each correct answer gives you one mark. There is no negative marking in the written examination of West Bengal primary teachers.
- The maximum time provided to candidates to complete the written examination is 2:30 hrs.
Exam Pattern And Topic Weightage
The written examination consists of the following subjects
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks per question||Total Marks per subject|
|Child development and pedagogy||30 Ques||1 mark||30 marks|
|Language 1 (Compulsory)||30 Ques||1 mark||30 marks|
|Language 2 (Compulsory)||30 Ques||1 mark||30 marks|
|Mathematics||30 Ques||1 mark||30 marks|
|Environmental studies||30 Ques||1 mark||30 marks|
The total number of questions is 150 with total marks of 150.
The minimum marks required to pass the examination is 60% of the total i.e. 90 marks for all candidates and 55% i.e. 83 marks for reserved candidates.
The candidates should try to score more than 90-95 to avoid any jump in the cutoff in the upcoming exam.
The application fees for the WBBPE teacher recruitment are as follows
|OBC (Other backward class) and EWS||Rs. 100|
|SC/ ST / PWD (Person with disability)||Rs. 50|
Women aren’t exempted from fee payment and are required to pay for the application form.
The payment needs to be done after the candidate has filled out the entire application form. The payment can be done in any online mode like credit or debit card, UPI payment or Net banking
Notification Release And Admit Card
The West Bengal board of primary education will soon release the notification for the WBBPE teacher recruitment 2023 after which you can fill out the application form before the given last date. Make sure you fill in the details correctly and proceed with the payment before the due date to complete the registration within time. To prevent the site crash, try to apply before the last date.
The admit card for the same will be released a few days before the exams to be downloaded from the online portal. To download it use the official website and with the registration number and other details, you can download the admit card once it is available.
How To Apply For WBBPE Teacher Recruitment 2023?
To apply for the post of Primary teacher under WBBPE teacher recruitment 2023, fill out the application form provided online mode on the official website of the West Bengal board of education. Follow the mentioned steps for a smooth procedure.
1. Visit the official website of the West Bengal board of primary education. Once the notification is out, click on the direct link provided on the official site to open the application window.
2. Select the Primary teacher recruitment option from the given multiple options.
3. Once you open the required page, click on the Apply button and then register yourself using your mobile number or email id.
4. After registration you can fill out your application form. With due diligence and carefully fill in all the required details including your Name, Father’s name, Address, Age, Educational qualifications and so on.
5. After filling in the required information, upload all the necessary documents like a Photograph, Signature, I’d card and caste certificate (if applicable).
6. After uploading all the documents preview the application and recheck all the details filled in to ensure there is no mistake and then submit the final application.
7. After submitting the application, move to the next step i.e. online fee payment, and make payment by any online mode like Paytm or any UPI method to complete the application.
8. Your application is finally filled for the post.
9. The notification for the admit card will come up after some time. Use your registration number to download the admit card.
Q1. For which post is the WBBPE recruitment issuing the notification?
The WBBPE recruitment 2023 is for the post of PRT primary teacher teaching students from 1st to 5th class in Government or government-aided schools of West Bengal.
Q2. Who can apply for the post?
Candidates who wish to teach in West Bengal as a primary teacher, who has cleared the TET exam previously can apply for the post.
Q3. When will the notification be out for the primary teacher post?
The West Bengal board of primary education will soon bring out the notification clearly mentioning all the details like application start date, last date, exam date and eligibility etc. on their official website, the link of which is provided above.
Q4. Where to apply for WBBPE teacher recruitment 2023?
After the release of the official notification, the website will provide a link for Direct link to apply for the post.
Q5. Is Bengali Compulsory to become a teacher in West Bengal through WBBPE teacher recruitment?
No, it is not compulsory for you to know Bengali to be a teacher in West Bengal if your subject is different from Bengali. It’s compulsory only if you want to be a teacher of specifically Bengali. Otherwise, no need.
Q6. Is there any negative marking in the written examination of the WBBPE examination?
No, there is no negative marking in the written examination of the primary teacher in the WBBPE recruitment examination. You’ll only be getting positive marks, one for each correct answer and no negative marks for any wrong answer.