In preparation for the West Bengal State Eligibility Test 2023, the West Bengal College Service Commission has issued the official notification. Candidates can download the notification and apply for WB SET at the official website, wbcsc, until September 15. The WB SET 2022 will be conducted on January 8, 2023, in 33 subjects at selected test centers in different districts in the state.
The West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET) is a state-level eligibility test in India, conducted by the University of Kalyani on behalf of the West Bengal College Service Commission. It is aimed at recruiting qualified candidates for the posts of assistant professors and lecturers in various universities and colleges in West Bengal. The WB SET is a highly sought-after test due to its rigorous evaluation process and stringent criteria for eligibility.
WB SET 2023 Highlights
|Recruitment board||West Bengal College Service Commission|
|Name of the post||Assistant professor|
MUST READ | TSWREIS Lecturers Recruitment 2023: Selection Process, Exam Pattern, How To Apply
WB SET 2023 Educational Qualification
The educational qualification for the West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET) is a postgraduate degree in a relevant subject from a recognized university. Candidates must have secured at least 55% marks (or 50% for reserved category candidates) in their postgraduate degree in order to be eligible to apply for the test. Candidates who are appearing for their final year postgraduate examinations are also eligible to apply, provided they complete all the requirements for their postgraduate degree before the date of the test.
WB SET 2023 Examination pattern
The WB SET is conducted in two phases: Phase I and Phase II. The WB SET is designed to test a candidate’s knowledge and understanding of the core areas of the subject, research aptitude, and teaching aptitude. The WB SET exam is conducted annually to select candidates for posts of assistant professors and lecturers in various universities and colleges in West Bengal. The WB SET exam is quite challenging, as it requires a detailed understanding of the subject and its core concepts.
MUST-READ| WB GNM 2023 Recruitment: How To Apply For The Post & Selection Process!
WB SET 2023 Examination tips
Candidates who appear for the WB SET exam need to be prepared comprehensively with a thorough understanding of their chosen subject. To successfully pass the WB SET exam, candidates need to be well-versed in their subject area and have an in-depth knowledge of the research and teaching aptitude concepts associated with it. A high level of dedication and commitment is also required to prepare effectively for the WB SET exam.
In addition to being well-versed in the subject matter, candidates must also be aware of the different strategies and methods they can use to excel in their performance. To maximize their chances of success, candidates should take the time to review previous WB SET exams and practice sample questions. This will help them understand the types of questions that may be asked as well as the knowledge and skills necessary for success.
Additionally, candidates should also make sure to take practice tests before the exam, as this will help them become familiar with the exam format and develop a strategy for tackling the questions efficiently. By being familiar with the types of questions, familiarizing themselves with the format of the exam, and practicing sample questions and practice tests, candidates can maximize their chances of success on the WB SET exam. By doing these things, candidates can make sure they have the knowledge and confidence they need to succeed on the WB SET exam.
WB SET 2023 Overview
West Bengal College Service Commission has released the official notification for the West Bengal State Eligibility Test 2023. Candidates can download the notification and apply for WB SET at the official website, until September 15. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and clear the WB SET 2023 can apply for assistant professor and lecturer positions in various universities and affiliated colleges across West Bengal.
WB SET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the WB SET 2023 include a post-graduation degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
- Furthermore, applicants must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC, CSIR, or similar tests accredited by UGC.
- Candidates who do not have a postgraduate degree, may instead possess an equivalent qualification recognized by UGC.
- All eligible candidates must also have a minimum of two years of teaching experience in the relevant field or research-oriented experience in the desired subject area.
Additionally, applicants must ensure that they meet the age limit set by the examination authority. Meeting these criteria will allow candidates to move forward in the recruitment process, and they can also look forward to taking advantage of the numerous benefits associated with a successful application.
- Once the application is accepted, the candidate will be able to demonstrate their proficiency in the field by completing an entrance examination.
- Successful applicants will gain access to a wide range of employment opportunities and career paths. The WB SET 2022 will be conducted on January 8, 2023, in 33 subjects at selected test centers in different districts in the state.
- The test will consist of two papers, and both papers will consist of only objective-type questions.
MUST-READ| RRC NWR Apprentice Recruitment 2023: When And Where To Apply & Criteria!
WB SET 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for the West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET) 2023 will depend on the subject for which the candidate is applying. The syllabus for the test typically covers topics from the postgraduate level in the relevant subject.
The West Bengal College Service Commission which conducts the test usually releases the official syllabus for the test on their official website. Candidates should check the official website for the latest syllabus and updates.
The test usually consists of two papers. Paper-I is a general paper on teaching and research aptitude, and Paper II is a subject paper based on the subject selected by the candidate. Paper-I will test the candidate’s reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness. Paper II will test the candidate’s knowledge and understanding of the subject selected.
Syllabus for Paper 1
Methods of teaching
Factors that affect teaching
Teaching support system
|Comprehension||A passage of text will be given. |
Questions to be answered will be from the passage.
|Research Aptitude||Research: meaning, types, and characteristics|
Steps of research
Methods of research
Application of ICT in research
Thesis and Article writing
Barriers to effective communication
|Mathematical reasoning and aptitude||Types of reasoning|
Codes, and Relationships
|Logical reasoning||Understanding the structure of arguments|
Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning
Indian Logic: Means of Knowledge
Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Upamana (Comparison), Anumana (Inference), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension), and Arthapatti (Implication)Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference), Vyapti (invariable relation)
|Data Interpretation||Sources, acquisition, and classification of Data|
Quantitative and Qualitative Data
Data, and Governance
|ICT||ICT: General abbreviations and terminology|
Basics of the Internet, Intranet, Video-conferencing, E-mail, and Audio
Digital initiatives in higher education
ICT and Governance
|People, development and environment||Development and Environment|
Human and environmental interaction
Impacts of pollutants on human health
Natural hazards and disasters
Natural and energy resources
National Action Plan on Climate Change
Environmental Protection Act (1986), etc.
Syllabus for Paper 2
WB SET 2023 Paper 2 syllabus comprises 33 subjects. They are :
Anthropology, Bengali, Chemical sciences, commerce, Computer science and applications, Earth, atmosphere, motion and Planetary sciences, Economics, Education, Electronic science, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Home science, Law, Library and information science, Life sciences, Mass communication and journalism, Math, music, Nepali, Psychology, Physical education, etc.
WB SET 2023 Reservation details
- The reservation policy of the Government of West Bengal is applicable for the West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET) for the Assistant Professor post.
- As per the reservation policy,
- 22% of the total seats are reserved for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC) category,
- 6% for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes (ST) category,
- 10% for candidates belonging to the Other Backward Classes (OBC-A) (non-creamy layer),
- 7% for candidates belonging to the Other Backward Classes (OBC-B) (non-creamy layer), 10% for candidates belonging to the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), and
- 4% for candidates with disabilities who have not less than 40% disability, disability.
- The categories of disabilities as per the reservation policy include:
- A) blindness and low vision
- B) locomotor disability, including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy
- C) deafness and hard of hearing
- D) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, mental illness, multiple disabilities, and other specified disabilities.
WB SET 2023 Application Fee
The exam fee for the WB SET is Rs 1,200 for the general category, Rs 300 for SC, ST, PWD, and transgender candidates, and Rs 600 for OBC and EWS candidates.
|OBC (Non-creamy layers)||600 Rs/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||300 Rs/-|
MUST-READ| NIACL Recruitment 2023: How To Apply, Selection Process, Age Limit, Criteria!
WB SET 2023 Application Process
- Visit the official website of the University of Kalyani or the West Bengal College Service Commission.
- Look for the link or section for the WB SET 2023 application.
- Click on the link to “Apply for STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST 2023”
- Fill in the required details such as exam details, personal details, and qualification details.
- Upload the required documents as per the specification mentioned on the website.
- Pay the examination fee as per the category you belong
- Submit the application form.
- Download the form and take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Please note that this is the general process and it may vary as per the West Bengal College Service Commission’s rules. So, it is recommended to check the official notification for the latest updates and guidelines.
Q1. How many questions will be there in the Paper 1 examination?
Paper 1 consists of 50 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks. The questions, which will be of a general nature, are intended to assess the teaching and research aptitudes of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test the candidate’s reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness.
Q2. How many questions will there be in the Paper 2 examination?
Paper II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks, which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
Q3. Are there any negative marks in the WB SET 2023 examination?
No, There are no negative marks in the WB SET 2023 examination.
Q4. What is the selection process for WB SET 2023 recruitment?
- The selection of the aspirants for the WB SET exam will be done through a written exam.
- The written examination for the selection process will be conducted online. After qualifying for the written test, candidates will be considered for the next round.
- Document verification will be done for those aspirants who will qualify for the written exam.
- To get selected for the post, candidates must have to qualify for all the stages.
Q5. Can the applicant use a demand draft to pay the WB SET application fee?
No, only debit cards, credit cards, and net banking can be used to pay the WB SET application fee online.
Q6. What is the WB SET exam fee for 2023?
The WB SET application cost is INR 1,200 for general applicants, INR 600 for OBC-NCL/EWS applicants, and INR 300 for those who are SC, ST, or people with disabilities.
MUST READ | West Bengal Primary Teacher Recruitment 2022: Important Dates, How To Apply?