WB JELET stands for West Bengal Joint Entrance Lateral Entry Test. WB JELET is an entrance examination conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) for admission to the second year (third semester) of 4-year B.Tech./B.E courses in West Bengal.
Candidates who have completed their Diploma in Engineering/Technology from any AICTE-approved Polytechnic Institution can apply for WB JELET. WB JELET is an excellent test for students to gain entry into the field of engineering as it covers a broad range of topics from the basics to more advanced topics. WB JELET is designed to not only test the student’s knowledge of their field but also their ability to use problem-solving skills to come up with solutions.
WB JELET is an entrance exam that assesses the knowledge and skills of aspiring engineers in West Bengal. WB JELET provides an opportunity for Diploma holders in Engineering/ Technology to pursue their higher studies through lateral entry, thus taking a step toward career growth. WB JELET is conducted every year, usually in the month of June/ July, and its results are declared within a few weeks after the exam.
It is a lateral entry test for Diploma holders and B.Sc. graduates to get direct admission to the second year of engineering courses in West Bengal. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry (WB JELET) provides a valuable opportunity to candidates looking to take the next step in their engineering careers. WB JELET is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board and it is based on the syllabus of the second year of B.Tech/B.E courses.
WB JELET 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Joint Entrance for lateral entry into B.E., B.Tech., B.Pharm. courses (JELET) 2023|
|Name of the Board||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB)|
|Admissions opened for||B.Tech, B.E. & B.Pharma program (Lateral entry)|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Official website||CLICK HERE|
|Level of examination||State|
READ MORE: KPS Recruitment 2022
WB JELET 2023 Details
WBJEEB will start accepting applications for JELET 2023 on 29th December 2022 and the last date for applying is 17th January 2023. The entrance test is scheduled to be conducted on 10th June 2023 and is used to gain admission to the 2nd year of a 4-year bachelor’s degree course in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy (except Architecture).
The entrance exam consists of 200 multiple-choice questions divided into four subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biological Science. Candidates must obtain a minimum score in the WBJEEB JELET 2023 entrance exam to qualify for admission. Candidates must register online at the WBJEEB website and pay the registration fee to apply for JELET 2023.
WB JELET 2023 Exam Date
|Notification released date||29th December 2022|
|Starting of online application||29th December 2022|
|Last date of application||17th January 2023|
|Edit window duration||19th to 20th Jan 2023|
|Admit card released on||1st to 10th June 2023|
|Date of Examination||10 June 2023|
WB JELET 2023 Overview
The registration fee for the JELET 2023 exam is as follows: General and OBC candidates will have to pay INR 500, SC/ST candidates will have to pay INR 250, and PWD candidates are exempted from the registration fee.
- To qualify for admission, candidates must complete the WBJEEB JELET 2023 entrance exam by obtaining a minimum score.
- The WBJEEB JELET 2023 entrance exam is an important milestone for candidates seeking admission to various colleges and universities across West Bengal.
- The WBJEEB JELET 2023 entrance exam is designed to test a candidate’s academic knowledge and aptitude, to assess their ability to successfully pursue a course of study in the field of their choice.
- The WBJEEB JELET 2023 entrance exam is conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB), to ensure that only deserving candidates are eligible for admission.
WB JELET Examination Pattern
The WB JELET exam is a comprehensive test and covers the entire spectrum of engineering-related topics, from basics like Technical Drawing and Computer Aided Design (CAD) to more complex topics such as Machine Design and Production Technology.
WB JELET consists of two parts:
- Part A is a multiple-choice question paper and Part B is a drawing/drawing-based questions paper. Part A comprises two sections: Technical, consisting of 80 questions from the first-year syllabus and 10 questions from the second-year syllabus; and General Aptitude, consisting of 10 questions from logical reasoning.
- Part B of WB JELET consists of 3 sections: Technical Drawing and Computer Aided Design (CAD), Machine Design and Production Technology, and Mechanical Measurement and Control. The WB JELET exam is designed to test the applicant’s knowledge of their particular field of engineering, from the basics to the more advanced topics.
- Part A consists of 90 questions in total and Part B consists of 50 questions, totaling 140 questions.
WB JELET is therefore a great way for students to pursue their dream of becoming engineers, regardless of whether or not they have access to the traditional four-year programs. The WB JELET exam is an important benchmark for engineering students who are looking to prove their knowledge of the topics and skills necessary to become successful engineers. The exam is well-structured, making it accessible to a wide range of students regardless of their background.
READ MORE: West Bengal Post Office Recruitment 2023
WB JELET Examination Syllabus
|Physics||Units, dimensions, and measurement, Kinematics, Laws of motion, Work, power, energy, Gravitation, Elasticity, Surface tension, Fluid mechanics/ Hydrostatics, Thermal expansion of solid, Transmission of Heat, Thermodynamics, Reflection of Light, Refraction of light, Lens, Photoelectricity|
|Chemistry||Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Acids, Bases & Salts, Oxidation, Reduction, Electrochemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Metallurgy, Organic Chemistry, Water|
|Mathematics||Matrices up to order 3, Determinant up to order 3, Complex Numbers, Coordinate Geometry(2D), Vector Algebra, Differential Calculus, Application of Derivative, Partial Differentiation, Integral Calculus, Ordinary Differential Equation, Probability|
|Fundamentals for electronics and electrical engineering||Electrical components, measuring instruments, Transformers, Electrical machines, DC sources and circuits, AC sources, and circuits, Basic semiconductor devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Electronics|
WB JELET 2023 Benefits
As WB JELET is a government-recognized examination, students who pass it will be able to apply for admission to a variety of colleges and universities offering courses in engineering and technology. WB JELET (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry) is useful for students in the following ways:
- It provides a chance for Diploma and B.Sc. graduates to pursue engineering and technology studies in the state of West Bengal.
- Clearing WB JELET enables students to directly enroll in the 2nd year of engineering courses.
- The exam opens up opportunities for students to further their education in the field of engineering and technology.
- The examination is conducted by the West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development (WBSCT&VE&SD).
- WB JELET is widely recognized by colleges and universities in West Bengal, making it a reliable and recognized exam for students looking to enter the field of engineering and technology.
- WB JELET is an invaluable opportunity for students to jumpstart their education in the field of engineering and technology.
- By participating in the WB JELET, students can expand their career prospects, and gain valuable experience and knowledge that will prepare them for further study or future employment.
- By completing the WB JELET, students are provided with an array of opportunities that may have been unavailable to them otherwise.
- Through taking part in the WB JELET, students can show their potential employers that they have a strong interest in engineering and technology, as well as an aptitude for the subject.
WB JELET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The WB JELET eligibility criteria typically include the following:
- Age limit: There is no age limit specified for WB JELET.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have passed a diploma in engineering or technology or a B.Sc. degree with at least 45% (45% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B category candidates) in aggregate.
- Lateral entry: The test is for lateral entry into the second year of 4-year B.Tech./B.E. courses in West Bengal.
Qualifying examination: Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination from an institution located in West Bengal or from an institution approved by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE).
WB JELET 2023 Exam pattern
The WB JELET examination pattern typically includes the following:
- Exam mode: The exam is usually conducted in offline (pen-and-paper) mode.
- Exam duration: The exam is usually of 2 hours duration.
- No. of questions: The exam consists of multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Subjects: The subjects covered in the exam are Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Marking scheme: There is a one-point penalty for each incorrect answer.
- Negative marking: There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer.
Note: The WB JELET examination pattern is subject to change by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB), so it’s advisable to check the latest exam pattern from the official website.
|Mode of the exam||Offline|
|Duration of the exam||2 hours|
|Types of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|No. of questions||100 marks|
WB JELET 2023 Application process
The WB JELET application process typically involves the following steps:
- Visit the official website: Go to the official website of the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) to apply for the WB JELET.
- Register: Create an account by registering yourself with the required personal and contact details.
- Fill in the application form: Provide all the required personal, educational, and other details in the application form.
- Upload documents: Upload the required scanned copies of documents such as a recent passport-size photo, a signature, a qualifying exam mark sheet, etc.
- Payment of fees: Pay the required application fee through online mode using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Submit the application form: Check all the details and submit the completed application form.
- Download the confirmation page: After submitting the form, download the confirmation page for future reference.
WB JELET 2023 Application fee
|SC/ ST/ OBC||400 Rs/-|
|Mode of application||Online|
Q1. Who is eligible for JELET 2022?
Candidates who have a diploma in engineering, pharmacy, or technology and are willing to apply for degree courses through JELET must have achieved a minimum of 45% in their coursework from any polytechnic institute or pharmacy institute recognized by AICTE. Candidates holding a B.Sc. degree will be considered for consideration.
Q2. How to download Admit card JELET 2023?
JELET admit card 2023 will be displayed on the screen when you visit the Official website. Click on the admit card link and take a printout of the printout for future reference.
Q3. How to download the result for WB JELET 2023?
JELET rank card 2023 will be displayed on the screen. Download the rank card and take a printout. Click on the result link to see your score and find out if you have won.
Q4. What are the documents required for WB JELET 2023?
- Counseling registration form
- JELET 2023 admit card
- JELET 2023 rank card
- Mark sheets and pass certificates of the qualifying exam
- Class 12 Mark sheet for B.Sc candidates
- Birth certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- Photo ID proof Any other relevant certificate
Q5. What else should a candidate bring to the exam site in addition to their JELET admit card?
In addition to the JELET admit card, candidates must bring a photo identity proof and a passport-sized color photograph, as uploaded in the application form.
Q6. What should I do if the information on my JELET admit card is incorrect?
If there is an error in the JELET admit cards details, candidates should contact the helpline services.
Also check: MPSC Recruitment 2022, Exam Pattern & Syllabus