Teachers play an important role in the country’s overall development. Without them, no education is possible in any way. Presently, India organizes a test to ensure qualified teachers enter schools and transform students into great assets.
The Teacher Eligibility Test is referred to as TET. This test is offered to people who want to work as teachers in India and seek for teaching children. TET is essentially the entry-level qualification needed to work in a school as a teacher, but only for classes 1 to 8. For an appointment in Indian government schools, this exam is required, in fact, a must aspect. This test was introduced in 2011, as the Indian government moved to advance education reform and raise teaching quality throughout the nation. The government has ensured that this exam complies with and achieves the goals of the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act of 2009.
The state government also has some duties related to the Teacher Eligibility Test that are separate from those of the central government. TET is held at the central and state levels. Several Indian states conduct the TET exam according to its guidelines and objectives. Uttar Pradesh also does the same. Apart from UPTET, we have WBTET, PSTET, HTET, and others. UPTET is held by The Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB) every year for the recruitment of primary teachers in the government schools of the state.
This article will give you every detail about UPTET 2023, exam date, and result.
|Name of the exam||Uttar Pradesh teacher eligibility test (UPTET)|
|conducting authority||The Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB)|
|mode of examination||offline|
|location of the job||Uttar Pradesh|
|official website||click here|
UPTET 2023 Exam Date: Official Notification
This test is administered to applicants who are interested in working as teachers in Uttar Pradesh’s government schools. The Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board successfully conducts this examination. This test will be repeated in 2023, although nothing has been announced as of yet. Additionally, there is no information on the UPTET test schedule 2023 on the official website. The formal announcement regarding it has not yet been made. We can determine an exact date for submitting application forms and receiving results after the test notification has been released.
|2.||the notification release date for UPTET 2023||not announced|
|3.||start date of the UPTET 2023 Application||not announced|
|4.||last date of the UPTET 2023 application||will be notified later|
|5.||last date of submission of the application fees for UPTET 2023||will be notified later|
|6.||UPTET 2023 Exam Date||to be updated|
|7.||UPTET 2023 cut-off marks||to be updated|
|8.||UPTET 2023 result Date||to be updated|
CLICK HERE: WBHRB Homoeopathic Medical Officer Recruitment 2022: Selection Process, Application Fees
How to apply for UPTET 2023 online?
- Candidates need to go to the UPTET website.
- Locate the link for “UPTET.”
- Select the “Apply Online” tab.
- Completely fill out the application form with all the necessary details.
- The submit button should be clicked for the successful submission of the form.
- You must scan and attach each and every piece of needed documentation.
- After finishing the application form, pay the application fees.
- The application form will be successfully submitted.
- Print a copy of the form for future use as a reference.
UPTET 2023: Admit Card
The admit card is issued after the registration closes. It is released a few days prior to the conduction of the UPTET. The admit card contains much necessary information. Some of them are:
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Roll number or Serial number
- Timing of the exam
- Centre of the examination
- Exam Time Table
- Exam controller’s signature
- Uploaded Passport Size Photograph
- Candidate’s signature
- Important instructions for the candidates
UPTET 2023: Application Fees
Candidates have two ways of paying the application fees after submitting the application form. Candidates who apply online through the website can use credit cards, debit cards, internet banking, or SBI net banking to pay the fees. On the other hand, when submitting the fees in offline mode, one will have to use the printout form of the E-challan of SBI and submit it respectively.
|Category||One Paper||Two Papers|
|General/ OBC||600 INR||1,200 INR|
|SC/ST||400 INR||800 INR|
|PwD||100 INR||200 INR|
UPTET 2023: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are of three categories.
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- Educational Qualification (For Class 1 to 5)
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 exam from an acclaimed Institute with at least 50% marks. OR
- Candidates must hold a graduation degree in any field from a government-recognized school or institution with minimum marks of 50%. OR
- Candidates must have graduated from a BTCT program approved by the National Teacher Education Council of Uttar Pradesh. OR
- Applicants must acquire a two-year BTC or diploma in Urdu from an NCTE-affiliated institution. OR
- Applicants must successfully complete the National Teacher Education Parishad at any accredited institution.
- Educational Qualification (For Class 6 to 8)
- The candidates must have passed the 12th standard examination with at least 50% marks. OR.
- The candidates must be graduates or enrolled in the second year of a BTC program at an institution connected to NCTE. OR
- Candidates need to score at least 50% marks in graduation or post-graduation in the respective fields. OR
- Candidates must complete B.ED course.
- Age Limit
- The minimum age of the candidate must be 18 years while the maximum limit is 35 years. Age relaxation is provided with regard to the maximum age limit for the candidates belonging to the category of SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-serviceman applicants.
|PARTICULAR||MINIMUM AGE LIMIT||MAXIMUM AGE LIMIT|
|AGE SPECIFICATION||18 years||35 years|
CHECK ALSO: UP Board Half Yearly Paper 2023 Exam Date And Preparation Tips!
UPTET 2023: Syllabus
- PAPER I
|Child Development and Pedagogy||—|
|Mathematics||number system, Measurement, And Units, problems on ages, geometry, basic algebra, Basic Calculation Abilities, shapes, figures, etc.|
|Environmental studies||the atmosphere and its constituents, water, family and society, Food And Nutrition, shelters, etc.|
|Language I (Hindi)||Grammar of a particular language, Pedagogy Of Language Development, Spotting Errors, reading comprehension, writing comprehension, Basic knowledge of the particular language, Grammatical usage, Antonyms, Synonyms, sentence formation, fill-in-the-blanks, idioms, phrases, etc.|
|Language II (English/Urdu/Sanskrit)||Language skills, Grammatical Usage, grammar, Writing Comprehension, reading comprehension, pedagogy of language development, etc.|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||—|
|Mathematics||Number system, simplification, pipe and cistern, Algebra, Data Interpretation, simple and compound interest, Percentage, Profit, loss and discount, geometry, mensuration, Average, Ratio and proportion, Time, speed and distance, Time And Work, etc.|
|social studies||History, Polity, Economics, Geography, Civics, Social studies, Uttar Pradesh static GK, Current affairs, etc.|
|Language I||Grammar of a particular language, Language Pedagogy, language skills, reading Comprehension, writing comprehension, etc.|
|Language II||Grammar skills, Language Pedagogy, Reading and writing usage, etc.|
|science||questions from physics, chemistry, and mathematics|
ALSO CHECK: NABARD Grade A Recruitment 2023: Selection Process, Criteria
UPTET 2023: Answer Key
- The board will provide answer keys on its official website after the exams are held successfully.
- Please take note that the release of the primary exam answer key and elementary exam answer keys will occur on a separate basis.
- Within a set timeframe, the board will also accept any objections made against the answer keys. The board announces a time period for this purpose.
- The applicants can gain a general indication of the grades they will receive by using the answer keys.
UPTET 2023 Exam Date: FAQs
1. What is the official website of UPTET?
The official website of UPTET is https://updeled.gov.in/
2. Is UPTET conducted every year?
Yes, the UPTET examination is held every year for the recruitment of primary teachers.
3. Which is more competitive: UPTET or CTET?
CTET is a central examination and hence, competition is higher than UPTET.
4. How much is the good marks for UPTET 2023 exam?
To qualify for the exam, one must score according to the cut-off marks, at least.
5. Is UPTET valid for lifetime?
Yes, the certificate is valid for a lifetime.
6. Is UPTET compulsory for PGT?
Yes, it is compulsory for the candidate to complete the UPTET exam.
ALSO CHECK: Kolkata Civic Volunteer Recruitment 2022, Eligibility Criteria