The Staff Selection Commission of India conducts the SSC GD constable examination every year for selecting candidates for the post of general duty post of constables in CRPF, BSF, CISF, ITBP, and Rifleman in AR. It is a national-level examination this year for 2022. There are 45,284 vacancies that have been released. The notification for 2022 has been released recently. The 45,284 posts are both for male and female candidates in that 40, 274 vacancies are designated for male candidates, and for female candidates, there are 4,835 vacancies.
So, here you will get to know every small detail regarding this exam. Also, we will tell you the exam date so that you can be prepared accordingly.
SSC GD Constable 2022 Recruitment Highlights
|Exam Date||10 January 2023- 14 January 2023|
SSC GD Constable 2022 Recruitment Examination
- The examination is a national-level exam.
- The location for the job after clearing the examination is all over India.
- The age limit for the examination is 18 to 23 years.
- The educational qualification that is required to apply for the examination is the 10th pass.
- Both application filling and examination modes are online and candidates can go to www.ssc.nic.in to fill out the application form.
- Admit cards will be available for download after the application process has been completed and they can be downloaded from the official SSC website.
- Admit cards for the medical exam and the Physical Standard Test will be available on the CRPF website www.crpf.gov.in.
- The results of the different examinations will be declared separately.
Which Forces the GD constables will be recruited?
|Secretariat Security Force (SSF)||Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)|
|Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)||National Investigation Agency (NIA)|
|Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)||Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)|
|Border Security Force (BSF)|
SSC GD Constable 2022 Recruitment: Important Dates
|The application form window opens||27/10/2022|
|Last date to fill the Application form||30/11/2022|
|Last date for payment||01/12/2022|
|Admit card for SSC GD||January 2023|
|Examination date||10/01/2023 – 14/01/2023|
|Answer key 2022||February 2023|
|Result declaration date||Yet to be announced|
|Physical examination||Yet to be announced|
How to apply for SSC GD Constable 2022?
- Step :-1 – visit the official website www.ssc.nic.in
- Step:-2 – click on the “apply” tab
- Step:-3 – click on the GD-Constable post from the menu.
- Step:-4 – fill in the details in the application form as requested.
- Step:-5 – make the payment if required.
READ MORE: West Bengal Post Office Recruitment 2023, Important Dates, Vacancies
SSC GD Constable: examination fee
|Category||Fees (in rupees)|
|Male ( General)||100|
|Female/ SC/ST/ Ex-Serviceman||0 (No fee)|
SSC GD constable Examination 2022: age relaxation
|Category||Upper age limit|
|Ex-servicemen ( SC/ST)||31 years|
|Ex-servicemen (OBC)||29 years|
|Ex-servicemen (General)||26 years|
|Children or dependent of victims killed in 1984 riots of communal riots of Gujarat in 2002 (SC/ST)||33 years|
|Children or dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots of communal riots of Gujarat in 2002 (OBC)||31 years|
|Children or dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots of communal riots of Gujarat in 2002 (General)||28 years|
SSC GD constable Examination Process
This exam consists of four stages:-
- Computer-based examination/test (CBT) has a total of 80 questions and the total duration of the examination is 60 minutes.
- Physical Efficiency Test( PET) is a test in which the candidates have to finish a race in the allotted time.
- Physical standard test( PST) is the test in which candidates are examined for their physical standards i. e., Height and weight, and eye vision.
- Medical Test is the last round for selection.
Physical standards for GD constable 2022:-
|Height (General, SC, OBC)||170 cm||157 cm|
|Height (ST)||162.5 cm||150 cm|
|Chest expansion (ST)||76/5||Not applicable to females|
|Chest expansion (General, SC, OBC)||80/5||Not applicable to females|
Visual standards for GD constable 2022
No visual correction is accepted also by the use of glasses.
- Better eye – N6
- Worse eye – N9
- Better eye – 6/6
- Worse eye – 6/9
Color Vision: CP-2
Salary of a GD constable:-
|For a sepoy in NCB||Rs. 18000 to Rs. 56,900|
|CRPF, CISF, BSF, ITBP, SSF, NIA, SSB, and Rifleman||Rs. 21700 to Rs. 69,100|
The salary structure with all benefits for a GD constable is as follows:-
|Benefits and allowance||Pay|
|Basic salary||Rs. 21700|
|Allowance for transport||Rs.1224|
|Allowance for house||Rs. 2538|
|Allowance for Dearness||Rs. 434|
|Total salary including all above||Rs. 25896|
|Net salary for GD Constable||Rs. 23527|
SSC GD Constable 2022 Recruitment: FAQ’S
Q1. What is the official website for applying?
You can apply from this site, www.ssc.nic.in.
Q2. What is the age limit for SSC GD Constable 2022 Recruitment?
The maximum age for this job is 23 years and the minimum age is 18 years.
Q3. What is the application fee for female candidates?
There is no application fee for female candidates.
Q4. How many total vacancies are there?
There is a total of 4835 vacancies.
Q5. What is the application fee for the male candidates?
For the male candidates (general & OBC), Rs.100 is the application fee.
Q6. When will the physical efficiency test be conducted?
The date for the date has not been announced as of now.
ALSO READ- WB Anganwadi Recruitment 2022, Eligibility, Application Form