Falakata College, Alipurduar is a renowned educational institution nestled in the picturesque region of Alipurduar, West Bengal. Established with a vision to provide quality education and empower the youth, Falakata College has been a guiding light for generations of students since its inception. Falakata College, located in the beautiful town of Falakata in the Alipurduar district of West Bengal, is a prestigious general degree college. It was founded on September 19, 1981, with a noble mission to provide quality education to students in the region.
The college primarily offers undergraduate courses in the field of Arts, enabling students to pursue their academic interests and gain a solid foundation in humanities and social sciences. Affiliated to the esteemed University of North Bengal, Falakata College ensures that its curriculum is in line with the latest advancements in the field and provides students with a comprehensive and well-rounded education. Over the years, the college has earned a reputation for its commitment to academic excellence, fostering a supportive learning environment, and shaping the future of countless students.
Falakata College Online Admission 2023
Falakata College goes beyond offering undergraduate courses and also provides graduate degree programs in various streams. This allows students to continue their academic journey and delve deeper into their chosen fields of study. The college follows a merit-based admission process for its undergraduate courses, both for the General and Honors programs in B.A. The selection is based on the performance of the candidates in their 10+2 examinations. The admissions are conducted by an Admission Authority within the college, ensuring a fair and transparent process.
The admission process typically commences in June, providing aspiring students with ample time to apply and prepare for the upcoming academic year. To be eligible for the Honors courses, candidates need to have obtained a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate in their 10+2 examinations, with a 5% relaxation for candidates belonging to reserved categories. Separate application forms are required for General and Honors courses. Applicants have the convenience of filling out the forms online through the official website, and the payment of fees can be made either online or through a bank challan. This streamlined process facilitates accessibility and ensures a smooth experience for prospective students.
|Name of Institute||Falakata College, Alipurduar|
|Affiliation||North Bengal University|
|Type of Institute||Government|
|Admission Criteria||Merit Based|
|Last Date to Apply||Not Yet Announced|
|Merit List||Not Yet Announced|
|Official Site||Click Here|
Falakata College UG Admission 2023
Falakata College is pleased to announce the admission process for the B.A. and B.A. (Hons.) programs for the year 2023. The college offers a diverse range of courses to cater to the varied interests and academic aspirations of students. For the B.A. General Degree Course, students can choose from subjects such as Elective Bengali, Elective English, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Education, Economics, and Sanskrit. On the other hand, for the B.A. (Hons.) Degree Course, the college offers specializations in Bengali, English, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Education, and Sanskrit.
To be eligible for admission to the B.A. General course, candidates must have successfully completed their 10+2 examination with a minimum of 45% marks. However, for the Honours course, candidates need to secure a minimum aggregate of 55% marks or 50% marks in aggregate with 60% marks in the subject opted for Honours at the 10+2 level.
Admission to both the B.A. General and Honours courses is based on merit in the qualifying examination. The college considers the performance of candidates in their 10+2 examinations to determine the merit and allocate seats accordingly. This ensures a fair and transparent admission process, providing deserving students with an opportunity to pursue their chosen course of study at Falakata College.
Falakata College Application Process 2023
For the admission process of 2023, Falakata College has introduced an online application system. Interested candidates are required to fill out separate application forms for each course. Those applying for Honours courses need to click on the “APPLY IN HONOURS” button, while those applying for General courses need to click on the “APPLY IN GENERAL” button.
- To begin the application process, candidates must register online on the official website by providing their name, mobile number, and date of birth. An auto-generated User ID and password will be assigned to each applicant, and it is important to note the Application ID No. and password, which is based on the applicant’s date of birth.
- After logging in with the assigned User ID and password, applicants can proceed to fill out the application forms. Before doing so, they are required to scan and upload a recent passport-sized photograph. Care must be taken while providing personal details such as name, date of birth, address, caste/category, contact number, and subject marks.
- To upload the photograph, candidates can click on the “CHOOSE FILE” button, ensuring that the size of the photograph does not exceed 100 kb. Following the successful submission of the form, a confirmation page will be presented to the user. Candidates should carefully review all the entered data before proceeding.
- After confirming the accuracy of the information, candidates need to select a payment option. The applicants have the opportunity to make their payments either online or offline, and both options are available to them.
Self-Attested Documents Required At The Time Of Verification:
During the verification process, applicants are required to submit certain self-attested documents. These documents include:
- Online applicant’s registration receipt: A printout or copy of the registration receipt generated during the online application process.
- Bank Challan (College Copy): The college copy of the bank challan, indicating the payment of application fees.
- Attested copy of Admit Card of Madhyamik / Equivalent Examination: A photocopy of the admit card for the Madhyamik or equivalent examination, attested by a competent authority.
- Both side attested copy of Mark sheet of Higher Secondary / Equivalent Examination: A photocopy of the mark sheet for the H.S. or equivalent examination, attested on both sides by a competent authority.
- Migration Certificate In Original Form: Students whose home schools are not affiliated with the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Examination (W.B.C.H.S.E.) are subject to this regulation. They must provide the original migration certificate.
- School leaving certificate in Original: The original school leaving certificate, indicating the completion of the previous educational qualification.
- Attested copy of SC / ST / OBC / Disable certificate from S.D.O.: If applicable, applicants must provide an attested photocopy of their SC/ST/OBC/Disable certificate issued by the Sub-Divisional Officer (S.D.O.).
- Two copies of 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm (recent & unsigned) Photographs: Two recent and unsigned photographs with dimensions of 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm.
These self-attested documents play a crucial role in the verification process, ensuring the accuracy and authenticity of the applicant’s information. It is essential for applicants to submit all the required documents in order to complete the verification successfully and proceed with the admission process at Falakata College.
Falakata College follows a reservation policy that ensures representation and opportunities for candidates from various reserved categories. The reservation criteria for seats are as follows:
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 22% of the total seats are reserved for SC candidates. This provides a platform for students from the SC category to access higher education and benefit from the college’s academic programs.
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 6% of the total seats are reserved for ST candidates. This reservation ensures that students from the ST category have fair opportunities to pursue their desired courses at Falakata College.
- Other Backward Classes – Category A (OBC-A): 10% of the total seats are reserved for candidates belonging to the OBC-A category. This reservation promotes inclusivity and enables students from the OBC-A category to participate in the college’s academic activities.
- Other Backward Classes – Category B (OBC-B): 7% of the total seats are reserved for candidates belonging to the OBC-B category. This reservation provides an equal platform for students from the OBC-B category to pursue their education at Falakata College.
- Disabled Candidates: 3% of the total seats are reserved for disabled candidates. This reservation ensures that candidates with disabilities have equal opportunities for education and can actively participate in the college’s academic and co-curricular activities.
The reservation criteria at Falakata College reflect the commitment to fostering diversity and promoting equal opportunities for all students. It creates an inclusive environment where students from reserved categories can pursue their academic goals and contribute to the college community.
Does Falakata College Offer Any Scholarship?
Falakata College acknowledges the importance of financial assistance for students and follows government rules to provide scholarships. Every year, eligible students are offered full-free and half-free studentships as per the government guidelines. These scholarships aim to support deserving students in their pursuit of education by reducing their financial burden. Full-free studentships cover the complete cost of education, including tuition fees and other related expenses.
On the other hand, half-free studentships provide a partial waiver of fees, offering significant financial relief to the recipients. These scholarships serve as a means to promote equal access to education and empower students to focus on their academic growth without financial constraints. Falakata College recognizes the value of scholarships in nurturing talented individuals and contributing to their educational and personal development.